"No," said Charlotte. "They don't catch anything.
“不是,”夏洛说,“他们不捉任何东西。
They just keep trotting back and forth across the bridge thinking there is something better on the other side.
他们只是在桥上走过来走过去,老以为另一边有更好的东西。
If they'd hang head-down at the top of the thing and wait quietly, maybe something good would come along.
如果他们在这桥顶上倒过头来静静地等着,也许真有好东西会来。
But no - with men it's rush, rush, rush, every minute.
可是不——人类每分钟都向前冲啊,冲啊,冲啊。
I'm glad I'm a sedentary spider." "What does sedentary mean?" asked Wilbur.
我很高兴我是一只坐网的蜘蛛。”“坐网是什么意思?”威尔伯问道。
"Means I sit still a good part of the time and don't go wandering all over creation.
“意思是我大部分时间一动不动地坐在网上,不到处走。
I know a good thing when I see it, and my web is a good thing.
好东西我一看就知道,我的网是样好东西。
I stay put and wait for what comes. Gives me a chance to think."
我固定不动,等着东西送上门来。乘机可以好好想想。”
"Well, I'm sort of sedentary myself, I guess," said the pig.
“这么说来,我想我是坐窝的,”小猪说,
"I have to hang around here whether I want to or not.
“不管我愿意不愿意,我都得待在这里。
You know where I'd really like to be this evening?" "Where?"
你知道今天晚上我实在想上哪里去吗?”“上哪里去?”