Good. We've got supper,at last.
很好 我们最终有晚餐了
I need fire to cook,and there's no shortage of fire-lighting materials.
我需要生火做鱼 这里可不缺生火的原料
And just these coconut husks always make good tinder.
这些椰子壳 十分易燃
Fluff it up as much as you can so it's really fibrous
尽量把它们分开 暴露其中的纤维
a bit like a bird's nest And then that should take a spark.
有点像鸟巢 接着 我们就能点火了
In the past, islanders in the Torres Strait
过去 托雷斯海峡的岛民
would perform fire dances to thank the gods for the gift of fire.
会跳火焰舞 以此来感谢上帝赐予他们火种
Here, it's as essential to life as water and air.
在这里 火和淡水 空气一样不可或缺
Okay, this should be cooked now.
应该是烤熟了
Fresh fish,the best possible proof that, in the end,the sea does provide.
这条活鱼证明 大海最终会降予恩赐
One thing the sea doesn't have any shortage of is supplies.
大海的供给 永不枯竭
It's just not always easy getting to them.
只是得到它们 有时会让你花一番功夫
But for the desert-island survivor,the key is making the sea your best friend.
但对于荒岛求生的人来说 和大海做朋友是关键
One thing I always try and do wherever I am in the world at nighttime
无论身处何方 我在夜间必做的事情是
is just to say my prayers for my family,and I think for the desert-island survivor,one of the hardest things to endure
为家庭祈祷 我认为对于荒岛求生的人而言 最难以忍受的事
is just that lack of companionship,
是缺少同伴
so whatever you can do to bridge that gap and give you that sense of connection is gonna help you.
所以无论用何种方法来填补这份寂寞 身在荒野 这种亲情的归属感对你大有裨益
In any survival situation,desperate times sometimes call for desperate measures.
在求生时 有时情形凶相 你必须剑走偏锋
See if we can grab him, actually, when he comes through.
看看它过来的时候 我能不能抓住它
Get that, won't need to eat for a week.
抓到就够我吃一个月的了