I'm in British Columbia in deep winter,Where I've survived the chilling water of a frozen lake.
我现在深冬的不列颠哥伦比亚省 我曾在这里冰冻湖的冰水中生存下来
Got to get out of here.Back on solid ground,The team and I head for the hills.
离开这儿 回到陆地上 团队和我像大山进军
The snowcats make easy work of these conditions.
雪地车在这些条件下可以轻松工作
And without them,it would be a completely different scenario.
没有它们 就会是个完全不同的情况了
In wintertime with thick snow cover,moving anywhere on foot is just hard, hard work.
在厚雪覆盖的冬季 用脚走路 不管去哪里都是非常艰难的
You get deep snow well up to your waist,And your pace can reduce to literally a crawl.
雪深到你的腰部 你的步速慢得像在爬
But on steep ground,pace is the least of your worries.
但是在陡峭的地方 步速就是你最不担心的事情了
Slip here, and you'll be heading downhill fast.
在这里滑行 你会快很多
Hitting rocks at speed could be fatal.
高速撞上岩石会致命
You need to know how to stop your slide.
你得知道如何停止滑动
As the convoy climbs, the terrain gets steeper.
随着车队的爬升 地势越来越陡峭
We're heading for the mountain peaks,
我们正向山顶出发
Where I'll face my next challenge,a high-speed glissade.Okay, let's go, guys.
在那里我将面临我的下一个挑战 一次高速下滑 走吧伙计们
To show you how to survive a fall in terrain as demanding and steep as this,
向你展示如何在陡峭的地方摔落时生存下来 就是如此的陡峭
I'm gonna deliberately throw myself down the mountain,Then try to arrest my descent.
我会故意让自己从山上摔下来 然后努力控制落速
But this deep winter snow is too soft to stand any chance of sliding.
但是这个深冬雪太软了 使得我不能滑行
Our snowcat, though, will soon fix that.
我们的雪地车会很快解决这个问题