"I worry about Fern," she said.
“我为弗恩担心,”她说,
"Did you hear the way she rambled on about the animals, pretending that they talked?"
“你听到她嘟噜嘟噜谈那些动物了吗?说得好象它们会讲话似的。”
Mr. Arable chuckled. "Maybe they do talk," he said.
阿拉布尔先生格格笑。“也许它们真会说话,”他说,
"I've sometimes wondered. At any rate, don't worry about Fern
“我有时候也怀疑它们是不是会说话。反正不用为弗恩担心
she's just got a lively imagination.
一切只是出于她活灵活现的想象。
Kids think they hear all sorts of things."
小娃娃以为他们听到了各种东西。”
"Just the same, I do worry about her," replied Mrs. Arable.
“我还是真为她担心,”阿拉布尔太太回答说,
"I think I shall ask Dr. Dorian about her the next time I see him.
“下一回我看到多里安医生,我想问问他弗恩这事。
He loves Fern almost as much as we do,
他几乎和我们一样爱弗恩,
and I want him to know how queerly she is acting about that pig and everything.
我要让他知道,她对于那只小猪和所有事情的举动有多么古怪。
I don't think it's normal.
我认为这不正常。
You know perfectly well animals don't talk."
你很清楚,动物不会说话的。”
Mr. Arable grinned. "Maybe our ears aren't as sharp as Fern's," he said.
阿拉布尔先生咧开嘴笑。“也许我们的耳朵没有弗恩的尖。”他说。