"Really, you amuse me," answered the Marionette, nodding his head.
“你们真让我发笑。”木偶点头着回答说。
"Hey, Pinocchio," cried the tallest of them all, "that will do.
“嘿,皮诺乔。”他们中最高的叫道,“够了。
We are tired of hearing you bragging about yourself, you little turkey cock!
我们已经厌烦了你的自吹自擂,你这狂妄自大的人!
You may not be afraid of us, but remember we are not afraid of you, either! You are alone, you know, and we are seven."
你可能不怕我们,但是你记好了,我们也不怕你!你只有一个人,我们有七个人。”
"Like the seven sins," said Pinocchio, still laughing.
“就像七宗罪,”皮诺乔依旧笑着说。
"Did you hear that? He has insulted us all. He has called us sins."
“你们听见了吗?他侮辱我们所有人。他把我们叫做罪恶!”
"Pinocchio, apologize for that, or look out!"
“皮诺乔,为此道歉!不然你就得小心了!”
"Cuckoo!" said the Marionette, mocking them with his thumb to his nose.
“咕咕!”木偶叫着,用拇指指着鼻子讥笑他们。
"You'll be sorry!"
“皮诺乔,你会后悔的!”
"Cuckoo!"
“咕咕!”
"We'll whip you soundly!"
“我们会彻底地抽你一顿!”
"Cuckoo!"
“咕咕!”
"You'll go home with a broken nose!"
“你会带着个烂鼻子回家!”
"Cuckoo!"
“咕咕!”
"Very well, then! Take that, and keep it for your supper," called out the boldest of his tormentors.
“那很好,!”这帮坏蛋当中最凶的一个叫道。“享受这个吧,拿去做你今天的晚饭。”
And with the words, he gave Pinocchio a terrible blow on the head.
他说着就狠狠的给了木偶脑袋上一拳头。
Pinocchio answered with another blow, and that was the signal for the beginning of the fray.
木偶用另一拳回答了他,于是这就成了打架开始的标志。
In a few moments, the fight raged hot and heavy on both sides.
没一会儿,打架变得激烈起来,双方都变得不堪重负。
Pinocchio, although alone, defended himself bravely.
皮诺乔虽然只有一个人,但反抗的十分勇敢。
With those two wooden feet of his, he worked so fast that his opponents kept at a respectful distance.
有着两只他那样的木头脚,他踢得那么快,叫他那些敌人敬而远之。
Wherever they landed, they left their painful mark and the boys could only run away and howl.
凡是他的脚所碰到之处,马上就留下痛苦的印记,男孩们只能边跑边哀叫。