My dearest Cassandra,my heart has wings.
亲爱的卡珊德拉 我的心插上了翅膀
Doubts and deliberations are ended.
不再有困惑和迟疑
Soon I shall escape the attentions of that great lady and her scintillating nephew.
很快我将摆脱老夫人和她那聪明的外甥
Eliza,Henry and I will join you at the coast
伊丽莎白 亨利和我将要去你那里
but we are obliged to break our journey in London.
但我们得先在去趟伦敦
Tom has cleverly secured an invitation to stay with his uncle,the judge.
汤姆很聪明地设法让他的舅舅 就是那位法官 邀请我们稍事停留
Let us hope we can convince him of my eligibility.
希望我们能让他接受我
Please destroy this disgraceful letter the moment you have recovered from your astonishment.
麻烦你缓过神来的时候 把这封见不得人的信撕掉
Yours affectionately and in haste,Jane.
你亲爱的简草字
Tom! Our guests have arrived.
汤姆 客人到了
Decorum.Countess.Sir.Welcome. Madame le Comtesse.
注意礼貌 伯爵夫人 先生 欢迎 伯爵夫人
Madame le Comtesse. Seldom,too seldom,my house receives the presence of nobility.
伯爵夫人 贵族光临寒舍 这样的机会实在是千载难逢
And,of course,its friends. Please.
当然 还有您的朋友 请
Your stay is short. There's not a moment to lose.
您行程紧张 时间宝贵
My nephew has devised a plan of metropolitan amusement.
我的外甥草拟了一份伦敦观光的线路
Pleasure is,as you would say,Madame,his forte.Ah,is it?
找乐子可是他的强项 夫人 是吗