We're very honoured to be here at your aunt's ball.You dance with passion.
我们能参加你姑姑的舞会 感到万分荣幸 你的舞跳得很有激情
No sensible woman would demonstrate passion if the purpose were to attract a husband.
一个明智的女人如果想要吸引未来的丈夫 是不会展现激情的
As opposed to a lover?Hmm.Rest easy,Mr Lefroy.
跟爱人不一样吗 嗯 别激动 勒弗罗伊先生
I have no expectation on either account.I did not mean to offend or hurt.
我对这两方面都没什么期望 我不是想冒犯或者伤害
Oh,no,no,of course not.Excuse me,I'm just over warm.Pardon me.
噢 不 不 我只是觉得太热了 失陪
Ah Miss Austen. Excuse me.
奥斯汀小姐 对不起
This is unbearable. My father is pressing for an early ordination
真受不了 我父亲逼着要提前授教职
while my own inclination is to the scarlet of a captaincy in His Majesty's regulars.
而我自己却一心想着 能在皇家军队中谋个上尉干干
But I do not have the money to purchase one.I do.
可我又没有钱去买官 我有
Well,that,of course is impossible. Oh,Henry,do not disguise yourself,not to me.
那种事情当然是绝无可能的 亨利 别再装了 在我面前不用
The scarlet will suit you very well.Miss Austen? There you are.
你穿上皇家军服一定会很漂亮 奥斯汀小姐 你在这里
Miss Austen.I cannot believe I am obliged to have this conversation.
奥斯汀小姐 真不敢相信 我居然要跟你费这番口舌
Your Ladyship?Mr Wisley's mother,my own dear sister,died young.
夫人 卫斯理先生的母亲 也就是我的姐姐 去世得很早
I have no children of my own.
我自己又没有孩子
I hope you never come to understand the pain of that condition.
希望你永远也不用明白我的这种痛苦
Let us simply say my nephew's wishes are close to my heart.however extraordinary they may be.
简单说吧 我外甥的愿望 我会放在心上 不管是怎样不寻常的愿望