1、turn out
(以某种方式)发生;最后是;结果是
If I had known my life was going to turn out like this, I would have let them kill me.
如果我早知道自己的人生结局会是如此,我当时宁愿让他们杀了我
。Sometimes things don't turn out the way we think they're going to.
有时事情并不像我们认为的那样发展
。原来是;结果发现
Cosgrave's forecast turned out to be quite wrong.
科斯格雷夫的预测最后证明是大错特错
。It turned out that I knew the person who got shot.
结果发现我认识那个中枪的人
。(尤指天气突然)变得(晴好)
It's turned out nice again.
天气又突然转好了
。关掉,熄灭(电灯、煤气等)
I'll just play until the janitor comes round to turn the lights out.
我会一直玩到门房过来熄灯
。2、support
支持;赞同;拥护
The vice president insisted that he supported the hard-working people of New York.
副总统坚称他支持辛勤工作的纽约人
。The National Union of Mineworkers pressed the party to support a total ban on imported coal.
全国矿工工会向该政党施压,要求其同意全面禁止煤炭进口
。帮助;支持;支援;援助
It was hard to come to terms with her death after all the support she gave to me and the family.
她曾经给予我和家人莫大的帮助,她的死讯令人难以接受
。We hope to continue to have her close support and friendship.
我们希望她能继续大力支持,并能与她维持亲密友谊
。