Then, when darkness falls, we fire up the spots.
天黑之后 我们会开灯照明
One of the biggest reasons that people die in blizzards
人们死于暴风雪的最大原因之一
is that they push on, try and battle the elements,when actually they should just stop.
是继续前进 试图抵抗风雪 而正确的是应该原地不动
If you've got high winds, difficult terrain,and zero visibility,
如果遇见暴风 地形不利 并且能见度很差
if you push on, it's futile.It's like being on a treadmill.
继续前进就是死路一条 就像原地踏车一样
It's gonna beat you, and you're gonna die.
它会打败你 你的下场就是死
Your number-one priority is protection,and in this case,it's protection from the wind and from the cold.
头号大事就是注意保护 在这种情况下 可以抵抗大风和寒冷
Okay, fire it up, guys.Okay, let's go.
好了 朋友们 启动吧 我们出发
Got to try and cover up, best you can, any exposed skin.Okay, get into this.
尽力盖住所有裸露在外的皮肤 迎难而上吧
As the wind chill kicks in, the temperature dives.
当风寒开始起作用 温度开始下跌
In winds this high, frostbite can set in in minutes,and there's no natural shelter here.
如此强力的风速 片刻之内就会生冻疮 这儿也没有任何天然屏障
My only option is to dig.
唯一的选择就是挖洞
And this is gonna be a good place to dig a snow hole.
这儿是挖洞的好地方
You want a lee slope with a big buildup of powdered snow from the wind.
你需要一个有大量干末雪的背风斜坡 用于抵挡狂风
Also, if you dig into the slope, when you're shoveling,
并且如果你要在斜坡挖洞 那铲雪时
gravity is gonna take the snow down away from you.Let gravity do the work.
地心引力会带走一部分雪 让地心引力帮你的忙
It's best to dig horizontally into the snow face.
最好与雪地表面平行挖掘
Dig downwards, and you'll create a well,
向下挖 你就可以挖出一口槽
and all the cold air will sink on top of you.
所有冷风就只会从你头顶上方吹过
Okay, we're ready.
好的 我都准备好了