"A very remarkable account," said Sherlock Holmes.
福尔摩斯道:"你的故事很有意思。
"A fitting windup to an extremely interesting case.
这个新奇的案子确实得到了适当的结局。
There is nothing at all new to me in the latter part of your narrative except that you brought your own rope.
你所说的后半段,除了绳子是由你带来的这一点我不知道以外,其余的都和我的推测相同。
That I did not know. By the way, I had hoped that Tonga had lost all his darts;
可是还有一层,我原以为童格把他的毒刺全丢了,
yet he managed to shoot one at us in the boat."
怎么最后他在船上又向我们放出了一支呢?"
"He had lost them all, sir, except the one which was in his blow-pipe at the time."
"先生,他的毒刺确是全丢了,可是吹管里还剩有一支。"
"Ah, of course," said Holmes. "I had not thought of that."
福尔摩斯道:"啊,可不是吗,我没有料到这一层。"
"Is there any other point which you would like to ask about?" asked the convict affably.
这囚犯殷勤地问道:"还有什么要问的吗?"
"I think not, thank you," my companion answered.
我的伙伴答道:"我想没有什么了,谢谢你。"
"Well, Holmes," said Athelney Jones, "you are a man to be humoured,
琼斯道:"福尔摩斯,我们应当顺着您,
and we all know that you are a connoisseur of crime;
我们都知道您是犯罪的鉴定家,
but duty is duty, and I have gone rather far in doing what you and your friend asked me.
可是我有我的职责,今天为您和您的朋友已经很够通融的了。
I shall feel more at ease when we have our story-teller here safe under lock and key.
现在只有把给我们讲故事的人锁进监里,我才能放心。
The cab still waits, and there are two inspectors downstairs.
马车还在外面候着,楼下还有两个警长呢,
I am much obliged to you both for your assistance.
对于你们二位的协助我衷心感激。
Of course you will be wanted at the trial. Good-night to you."
自然到开庭的时候还要请你们出席作证。祝你们晚安吧。"
"Good-night, gentlemen both," said Jonathan Small.
琼诺赞·斯茂也说道:"二位先生晚安。"
"You first, Small," remarked the wary Jones as they left the room.
小心的琼斯在出屋门的时候说道:"斯茂,你在前面走。
"I'll take particular care that you don't club me with your wooden leg,
我得特别加小心,不要让你用木腿打我。
whatever you may have done to the gentleman at the Andaman Isles."
不管你在安达曼群岛是怎样处治那位先生的。"