Far from it. It's not about saying.
远远不是那样。不是说
Well I'm depressed. There's nothing I can do about it. I accept my nature.
我很抑郁,这是毫无办法的事 我接受我的本性
I accept my state. And that's it.
接受我的状态就这样吧
I'm not talking about resignation. What I'm talking about is active acceptance.
我说的不是屈从 我说的是主动接受
What does that mean? It means understanding that certain things.
那是什么意思? 它意味着理解有些事
I cannot change and certain things I can and ought to change. One of the main ideas we'll talk about is the distinction:.
我无法改变 有些事我能而且应该去改变 我们会集中讨论的一点是差别
We'll talk about specifically on the lecture on change between affect, behaviors and cognitions.
在有关改变的课上中会着重谈 情感 行为和认知的差别
The A, B, C of psychology. Affect emotion. Behavior action.
心理学的ABC 情感代表情绪 行为代表行动
Cognition thoughts. Unconditional acceptance.
认知代表思想 无条件地接受
Permission to be human relates primarily to our affect, to our emotions.
准许为人 主要与情感相关 与情绪相关
They are there, just like the law of gravity is there. That does not mean we need to accept our behavior and our cognition.
它们是现实存在 就像万有引力定律 那不代表我们要接受我们的行为和认知
For example, I can and having the past experience.
举个例子 我可以… 因为以前的经历
Envy towards my best friend, that in and of itself does not make me a bad person.
嫉妒我最好的朋友 那种情绪本身不代表我是个坏人
It's human. I've never met a person.
这是人类本性 我从没遇到过任何一个
Who has never experienced or does not experience well, maybe the Dalai Lama.
从来没有或没有体会过… 也许达赖喇嘛可以
But other than that, who does not experience envy toward other people.
除了他 谁都嫉妒过别人