1、depend
取决(于);有赖(于)
The cooking time needed depends on the size of the potato.
所需的烹饪时间取决于土豆的大小。
What happened later would depend on his talk with De Solina.
日后之事将有赖于他与德索利纳的谈话结果。
依靠;依赖
They may hate what he does but their survival depends on him.
他们或许讨厌他的营生,但他们要想活下来必须依靠他。
He depended on his writing for his income.
他靠写作赚取收入。
取决于;根据;由…决定
I tend to have a different answer, depending on the family.
根据家庭的不同,我往往会给出不同的答案。
People in the rest of the country celebrated independence even later, depending on when the news of Congress's action reached them.
该国其他地区的人们庆祝独立的时间甚至更晚,这要取决于有关国会决定的消息何时传到了他们那里。
2、conclusion
结论;推论
Over the years I've come to the conclusion that she's a very great musician.
这些年来,我得出的结论是她是一位非常伟大的音乐家。
I have tried to give some idea of how I feel — other people will no doubt draw their own conclusions.
我试着说了一些我的感受,其他人无疑会有他们自己的结论。
必然会发生的事;事先料定的结局
It was a foregone conclusion that I would end up in the same business as him.
早已注定我最终会和他干同一行。
The championship result was almost a foregone conclusion.
锦标赛的结果差不多在意料之中。