Dialogue 1
Mark: Woo hoo! I heard it's gonna snow today. I'm so excited!
马克:哎呀呀!听说今天会下雪。我太激动了!
Jingjing: Yeah, me too! Look outside! It's starting to flurry already.
京晶:是啊,我也是!嘿,看外面!已经开始飘雪花啦。
Mark: You're right! Okay, so what do you feel like doing first?
马克:真的耶!那么,你想先做什么?
Jingjing: I wanna run outside and make a snow angel!
京晶:我想跑出去做雪天使!
Mark: That's boring! I think we should have a snow ball fight! Come on! It'll be fun.
马克:太没创意了吧!我觉得我们应该打雪仗!来吧!这会很有趣的。
Jingjing: The snow's not thick enough for a snow ball fight. We'll have to wait a few hours.
京晶:但是积雪还不够厚。我们还得等几个小时。
Mark: Okay. I tell you what, you go make a snow angel, and I'll make us some hot chocolate for us. It'll be ready when you come back inside.
马克:好吧,那这样吧,你去做雪天使,我来给我们准备一些热巧克力。等你回来的时候就可以喝了。
Jingjing: Deal!
京晶:成交!
习语短语
flurry=非常小的雪(就像在谈到雨时说的“毛毛细雨”)
What do you feel like doing?=你想要做什么?这里feel like指“喜欢”。
make a snow angel=做一个雪天使 (躺在雪地上,然后将你的手臂和腿内外滑动。当你站起来时,就会看到留下了一个类似于天使的印记)
snow ball fight=打雪仗
Dialogue 2
A few hours later, Jingjing and Mark are still having fun on this snowy day.
几个小时后,京晶和马克仍在享受下雪天的乐趣。
Mark: Holy cow! The snow is really coming down hard now!
马克:哇塞!雪现在真的下大了!
Jingjing: I know! Are you thinking what I'm thinking?
京晶:是呀!你现在跟我想的一样么?
Mark: Yeah! Let's order a pizza! I'm starving!
马克:是啊!我们订个比萨吧!我快饿死了!
Jingjing: That's not what I was thinking actually…
京晶:其实这不是我在想的……
Mark: Oh?
马克:哦?
Jingjing: I was gonna see if you were up for going sledding?
京晶:我是在想,你想不想去滑雪橇?
Mark: I'd love to, but last year my sled broke. Hey, how about we just rent a toboggan instead?
马克:我很想去,但去年我的雪橇坏了。嘿,我们去租个雪橇怎么样?
Jingjing: Rent a toboggan? Are you paying?
京晶:租雪橇?你付钱啊?
Mark: How about we go half and half?
马克:我们一人一半怎么样?
Jingjing: Fine, let's go!
京晶:好的,我们走吧!
习语短语
Holy cow!=由于兴奋或惊异说出的话,类似“哇塞”!
up for (something)=打算
go sledding=滑雪橇
toboggan=雪橇,长型平底轻质雪橇(通常由薄板制成,一端向上弯曲,两侧有扶手)
go half and half=分摊支付
Dialogue 3
Jingjing and Mark have just reached the top of a big, snow-covered hill.
京晶和马克来到了大雪覆盖的山顶。
Jingjing: Wow, this is a great spot!
京晶:哟,这个地方不错!
Mark: Yeah, it is. I' ve already forgotten our tiring trudge up this snowy hill.
马克:是啊,真美。我都忘了一路跋涉上一座雪山多么令人疲惫。
Jingjing: You're telling me. I'm the one who dragged the toboggan most of the way.
京晶:可不是吗?我可是一路上负责把雪橇拖上来的那个人。
Mark: And you're the one who said it was wonky for two people to tug.
马克:你也是那个说两个人拖雪橇会摇摇晃晃拿不稳的那个人。
Jingjing: Oh, so it's my fault, is it?
京晶:哦,那是我的错咯?嗯?
Mark: Hey, take a chill pill. How about you ride in front. I'll use my extra energy to give us a running start and a good push.
马克:别生气,那你坐前面怎么样?我来用剩余的力气推一把我们的雪橇让它跑起来吧。
Jingjing: That'd even things out between us. Let's get a move on.
京晶:这还差不多,那我们就扯平了。开始吧!
Mark: Ok, are you all set? Don't dig your heels into the snow. Keep them on the sled for steering.
马克:好的,你准备好了吗?别让鞋踩到雪地了,让它们都踩在雪橇上,方便驾驶。
Jingjing: This isn't that kind of toboggan. But I'll keep my arms and legs in the vehicle at all times.
京晶:这不是那种雪橇啦,不过我也会随时随地保持手脚不离雪橇。
Mark: Let's see how fast this thing can go. Hold on tight!
马克:让我们看看这玩意能跑多快,扶好了!
习语短语
Snow-covered=白雪覆盖的
trudge up a hill=跋涉上山
You're telling me=还用你说,完全同意
wonky=摇晃的,不稳的
Tug=拉、拽、扯
take a chill pill=冷静下来
That'd even things out between us=我们扯平了
Steering=掌舵