What he suggested is Manhattan Project type attacks upon what I consider to be the truly Big Problems of our time,
他表明 曼哈顿计划 反驳了当时最大的问题
Not only for psychology but for all human beings with any sense of historical urgency .
这不仅是对心理学 甚至对所有人类都带来了历史紧迫感
The Manhattan Project, when they created the atomic bomb and whether or not you agree with
曼哈顿计划中 他们创造了原子弹无论你是否同意
The Manhattan Project normatively. One second. I'm almost done.
这计划很快就说完
Positively, what they did there was bring together the best minds Oppenheimer, Zillart, Fermi Feinman, Bore
积极地说 他们汇集了最优秀的人才奥本海默 基拉特 费米费曼 波尔
Bring them together with a mission of saving the free world. Again whether you agree or not with the project
联合他们 共同拯救自由世界无论你是否同意这计划
Is beside the point, it was the greatest, positively speaking, scientific project in history where the minds got together.
积极来说 它都是最伟大的计划聚集起了最优秀的人才
This is what Maslow is suggesting that psychologists do. This is also the aim of positive psychology, no less than this.
这就是Maslow建议心理学家该做的事同时也是积极心理学的目标
You get people around the world to think about these problems, these issues practical idealists
让全世界的人们思考这些问题实际的理想主义者
Who will study what works, who will study the best and through that, make a difference.
研究可行的方法研究最好的个体 他们会带来改变
I'll see you next week.
下周再见