Well, here's the man who don't like General Lee,here for his mail.
不喜欢李将军的人 来取信了
I told you, Harry,I don't like the way he surrendered.
我跟你说 哈利 我是不喜欢他投降的方式
Given his sword by the Senate in Richmond and swearing an oath never to give it up,
在里士满参议院领剑时 他宣誓永不弃剑
he should have died on the battlefield before rendering his Southern manhood to the butcher Grant.
他应该在向屠夫格兰特 放弃他南部人的男子气概前 就战死沙场才对
That's what I said, Harry, and it's what I meant.
我说的是这个意思 哈利
Now, let's just hope he's not paraded through the streets as the Romans did their captives, huh?
希望他不会被拉着游街示众 就像罗马人对待战俘那样
Thank you, Raybold.Well, I'll be sure to ask the president his plan in that regard.
谢谢 雷蒙 我会去问问总统这是否在他的计划当中
The president? You mean the buffoon who walked into Jeff Davis' house in Richmond,
总统 你指的是那个 大摇大摆走进杰夫·戴维斯 在里士满的家中
threw his legs over the chair,and spit tobacco juice all over the place?
把腿放在椅子上 把烟沫吐得到处都是的小丑吗
He don't chew tobacco, John.Or I would've put a spittoon in the presidential box tonight.
他并不嚼烟 约翰 不然今晚我就在总统包厢里放个痰盂了
A messenger from Mr. Lincoln called this morning for tickets,for them and General and Mrs. Grant.
林肯先生的信使今早打电话过来 给自己和将军夫妇订了票
Maybe we'll have Robert E. Lee and old Jefferson Davis himself in another box, both of them in chains.
不如把罗伯特·E·李和杰佛逊·戴维斯 安排到另一包厢里 锁一块得了
I thought he was attending Grover's tonight.
我还以为他今晚要去格罗弗剧院