I'll go through them briefly now and elaborate on each in the next couple of lectures, interweaving them
我会先简短地介绍一下 再逐个阐述在接下来的几节课里 会分别对它们
With studies, research as well as applications. First, this course as I mentioned first is about bridge building:
进行学习 研究 和应用正如我开始时提到的 这课程是关于搭建桥梁的
Bridge building among disciplines, eclectic, and bridge building in terms of academia and Main street.
搭建学科之间的桥梁 广集思源并搭建学术界与社会之间的桥梁
The specialization is very often dominant in academia. The approach of this course,
专业化常在学术界占主导地位本课程的做法
With all its challenges, is the opposite. Once again I wouldn't be teaching this class,
正好相反如果我认为没有改变的可能
If I didn't change is possible. There is a lot of research in psychology, a lot of
就不会教这节课心理学的研究有很多
evidence that shows how difficult change is. So I will argue that change is possible,
很多证据显示 改变是非常困难的事我认为改变是可能的
Whether it's individual change, organizational change.
无论是个人变化还是组织变革
And we'll start to look at how it's possible. Just the very basic level of the spiral.
我们将探讨为什么是可能的这只是整个螺旋的最基本层次
We have an entire week just devoted to change. We will elaborate on that:
我们本周只讨论 改变 我们会详细讨论
Techniques, methods, tools. Third, premise related to the first
技巧 方法 工具第三 这个前提与
Internal factors primarily determine happiness this is what I'm going to argue for
决定幸福的内部因素有关这是我要讨论的
Is opposed to happiness which is primarily function of external circumstances.
与决定幸福的外部环境无关
Not saying that the external circumstances are not important, we should focus also on improving them, bettering them,
并不是说 外部环境不重要我们同样应该注重改善外部环境
Whether for ourselves, for society at large. However, happiness primarily
无论是我们自己 或对整个社会然而 幸福主要