Not enough. How can we get beyond that comfortably numb ? How can we get beyond that quiet desperation ?
还不止如此 我们要怎样摆脱这种 舒适地麻木 ?要怎样摆脱 沉默的压抑 ?
To excitement, to joy, to happiness? In order to do that, we need to cultivate these traits.
得到振奋 快乐 幸福?为了达到这目的 我们需用心经营这些情感因素
Once again, they don't spontaneously emerge once the painful experiences go away.
再说一次 幸福不会自动出现并不是没有痛苦就能感到幸福
And that is why we need positive psychology. Positive psychology essentially focuses on the health model,
因此我们才需要积极心理学积极心理学本质上就是健康模型
Salutogenesis. What is the source of health, physical, psychological, emotional?
健康本源学健康 生理 心理 情感之源是什么?
How do we get people to flourish, intellectually, emotionally, psychologically, interpersonally, intra personally?
我们如何让人们从智力上 情感上心理上 人际关系上 人格上全面发展?
How do we get them to thrive beyond just getting rid of what is not working in their lives?
我们如何让他们全面发展 而不仅仅是帮他们摆脱生活中不如意的事?
And under that model we see, to extremes on many levels. Here, the first level:
根据该模型 我们在许多层面上都走了极端第一个层次:
Do we focus on weaknesses, which is the disease model, say let's get rid of weaknesses?
我们是否重视缺点也就是疾病模型所说的我们要摆脱的缺点
Or do we focus on strength? While you ask people this question,
或者说 我们是否专注于优点?当你问别人这个问题
And this was done by the Gallup organization. A poll global poll,
盖洛普组织做了这项研究一项全球民意调查显示
Whether it's in Japan, China, United States or Europe: most people think that it's more important
无论是在日本 中国 美国或欧洲大多数人认为 如果要成功
To focus on their weaknesses if they are to succeed. Big mistake.
注重自己的缺点比优点更重要大错特错
The people who focus primarily, not only remember the also who shift the pendulum, who focus more on their strength,
那些同样注重自己优点的人改变那个比率的人 更注重优点的人