And, actually, the key with this trying to use my leg strength to grip, rather than my arms.
而这么做的要点就是 尽量多用脚的力量抓住而不是手
A mistake people make is relying on their arm strength.It's never gonna be as strong as your legs.
人们犯的一个错误 就是依靠手臂力量 胳膊是永远拧不过大腿的
Look, I'm just gripping the wire between my feet.Just slowly slide down.
看 我正在用双腿夹紧电缆 然后慢慢往下滑
When in service,elevator cables are checked regularly for signs of fatigue.
电梯在运行期间 会定期检查电缆磨损度
But these are old and unused,so I can't be 100% sure of them.
但这些旧电缆废弃了 所以我也不是很肯定
Come on, now.Trying to get my feet on these struts.
快下来 我试图踩在这些支柱上
I'm bridged out here.Good grip.Good grip.That's it.
我在这能撑住了 抓得好 不错 就是这样
You come down to me.You're on, you're on.
下到我这来 你继续走 继续走
Just give us a chance to shake out the arms.
让我先甩甩手
I'm only halfway down, and already my arms are tired.
才下了一半 我的手就很累了
I got to concentrate and keep focused.A fall here will be serious.
我必须集中注意力 从这掉下去必死无疑
Starting to lose grip on this.
有点抓不住了
Running out of grip big time down there.It's getting so greasy.
实在抓不住了 有惊无险 太油了
That's quite a long descent, there.
下了很长一段距离
And I've still got find a way through the elevator cabin.
我还得找穿过轿厢的方法
There must be some way to the top of this.
这顶部肯定有路
Almost always a safety hatch at the top of an elevator.
在电梯顶部一般都有安全出口