Day 35
第35天
The First Jasmine
第一次手捧茉莉花
Rabindranath Tagore
罗宾德拉纳特·泰戈尔
AH, these jasmines, these white jasmines!
啊,这些茉莉花,这些白色的茉莉花!
I seem to remember the first day when I filled my hands with these jasmines, these white jasmines.
我仿佛记得当我第一次双手满捧着这些茉莉花, 这洁白的茉莉花的时候。
I have loved the sunlight, the sky and the green earth;
我爱那阳光,那天空,那绿色的大地;
I have heard the liquid murmur of the river through the darkness of midnight!
我听河水淙淙的流声, 自幽深的午夜里传过来!
Autumn sunsets have come to me at the bend of the road in the lonely waste,
秋天的夕阳在荒原上, 在大路的转弯处,
like a bride raising her veil to accept her lover.
如新娘,轻掲面纱, 迎接她的爱人。
Yet my memory is still sweet with the first white jasmines that I held in my hands when I was a child.
但如今那芳甜的记忆依然在我心: 孩提时我初次捧在手中那朵茉莉花。
Many a glad day has come in my life, and I have laughed with merrymakers on festival nights.
我一生曾有许多快意的日子, 在节庆的夜晚,我随众人笑语狂欢,
On grey mornings of rain I have crooned many an idle song.
在灰霾的雨天早晨, 我吟咏着不成调的歌曲,
I have worn round my neck the evening wreath of BAKULAS woven by the hand of love.
在向晚的暮色中,我颈上戴着 以爱亲手为我编织的花环。
Yet my heart is sweet with the memory of the first fresh jasmines that filled my hands when I was a child.
但至今那芳甜的记忆依旧在我心: 孩提时我初次捧在手中的,那朵鲜嫩的茉莉!