As I said, I wish I could say it was easy. It wasn't.
谈到这一点时,我希望能说这是很容易办到的,但事实并非如此。
But it wasn't that hard either. But without a strong reason or purpose, anything in life is hard.
可也不是很难做到。没有强有力的理由和目标,任何事都会变得非常困难。
Step 2. I choose daily: the power of choice.
2.每天作出自己的选择——选择的力量。
That is the main reason people want to live in a free country.
这是人们希望生活在一个自由国度的主要原因。
We want the power to choose.
我们需要有选择的权力。
Financially, with every dollar we get in our hands, we hold the power to choose our future to be rich, poor, or middle class.
从理财的角度来说,我们每挣到一美元,就得到了一次选择自己是成为富人、穷人还是中产阶级的机会。
Our spending habits reflect who we are.
我们花钱的习惯反映了我们是什么样的人。
Poor people simply have poor spending habits.
穷人之所以贫穷是因为他们有着不良的消费习惯。
Most people choose not to be rich.
大部分人不会选择成为富人。
For 90 percent of the population, being rich is too much of a hassle.
对于90%的人来说,做富人有“太多烦扰”。
So they invent sayings that go: "I'm not interested in money."
所以他们就说“我对金钱不感兴趣”。
Or "I'll never be rich." Or "I don't have to worry. I'm still young."
或是“我不想成为富人”,抑或“我并不担心,我还年轻”。
Or "When I make some money, then I'll think about my future."
“等我开始挣钱时,再考虑将来”。
Or "My husband/wife handles the finances."
或者“我爱人掌握财权”,等等。
The problem with those statements is they rob the person who chooses to think such thoughts of two things:
这些说法存在着一个共同的问题,就是它们阻碍人们去思考这样两件事情:
One is time, which is your most precious asset. And two is learning.
第一是时间,这是你最珍贵的资产;第二是学习。
Just because you have no money, it should not be an excuse to not learn.
正因为你没有钱,就更要去学习。
But that is a choice we all make daily: the choice of what we do with our time, our money, and what we put in our heads.
事实上我们每天都应该作出一个选择,这个选择是我们利用自己的时间、金钱和头脑里学到的东西作出的。
That is the power of choice. All of us have choice.
这就是选择的力量。我们都有机会。
I just choose to be rich, and I make that choice every day.
我选择成为富人,每天都在为此而努力。