It may be you're right.
你也许是对的
But say all we done is show the world that democracy isn't chaos,
但我们所做的一切都是为了向世界展示 民主并不是一团混乱
that there is a great invisible strength in a people's union?
有一种无形的伟大力量蕴于民众团结之中
Say we've shown that a people can endure awful sacrifice and yet cohere?
即使承受巨大的牺牲 我们也做到了团结一致
Mightn't that save at least the idea of democracy to aspire to?
这难道还不够挽救人们对民主的信念
Eventually, to become worthy of?
并最终让他们觉得民主是值得的吗
At all rates, whatever may be proven by blood and sacrifice must've been proved by now.
无论如何 流血和牺牲能证明的东西 现在都已经证明
Shall we stop this bleeding?
我们能结束这场血战吗
Once he surrenders, send his boys back to their homes,their farms, their shops.
投降之后 把战士们送回他们的家园 他们的农场 他们的店铺
Yes sir, as we discussed.Liberality all around. No punishment. I don't want that.
是的 先生 像我们说定的那样 宽大处理 不要惩罚 我不想那样
And the leaders, Jeff and the rest of 'em.
领头的那些 杰夫跟其他人
If they escape, leave the country while my back's turned,that wouldn't upset me none.
就算他们趁我不留意逃到国外 我也不会追究
When peace comes it mustn't just be hangings.
和平不是表面工作
By outward appearance,you're ten years older than you were a year ago.
看看你的外表 比去年老了十岁
Some weariness has bit at my bones.
疲倦已经深入骨髓了