We ain't here to discuss reconstruction.
我们不是来谈机构重组的
We have no legal basis for that discussion.But I don't want to deal falsely.
我们没有法律依据来讨论这些 但我不想做不公平交易
The Northern states'll ratify, most of 'em.
北方各州基本都会通过第13号修正案
As I figure, it remains for two of the Southern states to do the same,even after all are readmitted.
我认为 就算全部回归之后 南方有两个州也会通过本案的
And I been working on that.Tennessee and Louisiana.
我一直在努力争取 田纳西州跟路易斯安那州
Arkansas too, most likely. It'll be ratified.
很可能还有阿肯色州 法案会通过的
Slavery, sir, it's done.
先生 奴隶制该寿终就寝了
If we submit ourselves to law, Alex,even submit to losing freedoms,
如果我们将自己交诸法律 亚历克斯 就算这样会使我们丧失某些自由
the freedom to oppress, for instance,
比如说压迫别人的自由
we may discover other freedoms previously unknown to us.
但我们会发现其它之前不曾知道的自由
Had you kept faith with democratic process,
只要你们对民主进程还抱有希望
as frustrating as that can be C'mon, sir,spare us at least these pieties.
不管道路多么曲折 好了 先生 至少把这点虔诚留给我们吧
Did you defeat us with ballots?
你是通过民主选举战胜我们的吗
How've you held your Union together?Through democracy?
你是怎样控制联邦的 通过民主政治吗
How many hundreds of thousands have died during your administration?
在你的任期里 有千千万万的人丧命
Your Union, sir, is bonded in cannon fire and death.
先生 你的联邦建立在炮火跟牺牲之上