A gift for you.The greatest measure of the Nineteenth Century,passed by corruption,aided and abetted by the purest man in America.
给你的礼物 19世纪最浓墨重彩的一笔 虽然过程中未免有猫腻 但为全美国最高尚的人所援助并推崇
Aah, I wish you'd been present.I wish I'd been.It was a spectacle.
真希望你当时也在场 我也希望 场面太壮观了
You can't bring your housekeeper to the House.
你不能把女仆带进议会厅
I won't give them gossip. This is enough.
我不会让别人说闲话 这样就足够了
This is,It's more than enough for now.Read it to me again, my love.
这样 这样就太足够了 再给我读一遍 亲爱的
Proposed And adopted. Adopted.
兹提议 并通过 并通过
An Amendment to the Constitution of the United States.
一份对于美国宪法的修正案
Section One: Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude,
第一条 美国境内及受其管辖之范围内
except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted,
应杜绝一切 奴役及非自愿劳役行为
shall exist within the United States,or any place subject to their jurisdiction.
但当其作为惩罚犯罪的措施时 则另当别论
Section Two.Congress shall have power to enforce this amendment by appropriate legislation.
第二条 国会有权 通过立法来保障此修正案的实施