I would say that there are many, many gaps in secular life and these can be plugged.
我觉得世俗的世界是有许多缺点的,但是那些缺点是可以被弥补的
It's not as though, as I try to suggest,
但这不是说
it's not as though either you have religion and then you have to accept all sorts of things
要么你相信宗教,然后你就要相信宗教所有的教条
or you don't have religion and then you're cut off from all these very good things.
要么你不相信宗教,然后拒绝一切宗教带来的益处
It's so sad that we constantly say,
很可悲的是我们经常说
"I don't believe so I can't have community, so I'm cut off from morality, so I can't go on a pilgrimage."
"我不信教所以我不能有社群,所以我没有好的道德,所以我不能去朝圣"
One wants to say, "Nonsense. Why not?"
有人会说 "胡扯,为什么不呢"
And that's really the spirit of my talk.
这正是我演说的重点
There's so much we can absorb.
宗教有很多可取之处
Atheism shouldn't cut itself off from the rich sources of religion.
相信无神论不应该完全无视宗教里的内涵
It seems to me that there's plenty of people in the TED community who are atheists.
似乎在TED群体中有很多人是无神论的
But probably most people in the community certainly don't think that religion is going away any time soon
但是很多人可能都认为宗教是不可能在短时间内消失的
and want to find the language to have a constructive dialogue
他们还想找到适合的方法去建设性地谈论问题
and to feel like we can actually talk to each other and at least share some things in common.
他们还觉得我们彼此可以互相沟通,或者至少有些共同点
Are we foolish to be optimistic about the possibility of a world
对于这样乐观的想法,我们是不是太傻了呢,那些关于神的隔阂、争论
where, instead of religion being the great rallying cry of divide and war, that there could be bridging?
是不是有彼此了解的可能性呢,持有两种学说的人是否有可能彼此沟通呢