Lesson 5: The Rich Invent Money
第五课 富人的投资
I have been teaching professionally since 1984. It has been a great experience and a rewarding.
我从1984年开始从教,这是一种非常有益的经历,甚至可以说是一种奖励。
It is also a disturbing profession, for I have taught thousands of individuals and I see one thing in common in all of us, myself included.
但这也是一个令人不安的职业,我曾经教过数千人,从中发现了所有人——包括我自己在内有一个共同点。
We all have tremendous potential, and we all are blessed with gifts.
我们都拥有巨大的潜能——这是上天赏赐的礼物。
Yet the one thing that holds all of us back is some degree of self-doubt.
然而,我们都或多或少地存在着某种自我怀疑的心理,从而阻碍前进的步伐。
It is not so much the lack of technical information that holds us back, but more the lack of self-confidence.
这种障碍很少是缺乏某种技术性的东西,更多的是缺乏自信。
Some are more affected than others.
有些人更容易受到外界的影响。
Once we leave school, most of us know that it is not so much a matter of college degrees or good grades that count.
一旦我们离开学校,大部分人就会意识到只有大学文凭或好成绩是远远不够的。
In the real world outside of academics, something more than just grades is required.
在校园之外的现实生活里,有许多东西比好成绩更为重要。
I have heard it called guts, chutzpah, balls, audacity, bravado, cunning, daring, tenacity, and brilliance.
人们称之为“魄力”、“勇气”、“毅力”、“胆量”、“气势”、“精明”、“勇敢”、“坚强”、“才华横溢”。
This factor, whatever it is labeled, ultimately decides one's future much more than school grades.
无论它们的名称是什么,它们都比学校的成绩更能从根本上决定人们的未来。