To make the rungs, use green and bendy branches.
要用新长的柔软的树枝做横木
Dry wood is too brittle and will snap under my weight.
枯木太脆 承不起我的重量
And I'll just put a clove hitch in the end,very simply, like that.
在一端系一个双套结 就像这样 很简单
Stick it through, and it's gonna bite on itself.
穿过去 然后 自然就系紧了
And yeah, it's probably not the prettiest ladder in the world,
这也许不是最美得梯子
but it's gonna get me down that last bit of the waterfall.Okay.
但它能让我 从瀑布这下去 大功告成
Before I can use my ladder,I need to get down the tree trunk,easier said than done.
得先爬到那根树干的底部 再用上我的梯子 说起来容易做起来难
I also just hate this first bit,going over the edge.
我真的很讨厌 在边上往下看的感觉
Kind of just want to get into it.Okay.
真想直接跳下去 好吧
Often it's only once you begin a climb that the true nature of the challenge becomes clear.
有时候 等你真的开始往下爬了 困难才会真正凸显出来
Hoping this log's gonna stay wedged in there.
但愿木头能牢固得插在那里
It's tough trying to down climb in this amount of water.The log's supporting quite a weight.
这么大水流 要往下爬很难 木头要承受很大的重量
As I descend the log, it becomes more unstable,and the force of the water's hitting stronger all the time.
随着我向下爬去 这跟树干开始松动 而且水的冲击力也越来越大
Get down here. Follow me.Get onto this little ledge. Follow me.
下来吧 跟着我 站到这块突出来的石头来 跟上
The tree trunk has served its purpose.Now to get my ladder out.
这根树干已经到头了 轮到我的梯子了
The log is too unstable to secure my ladder to.
这根树干无法稳定的支撑我的梯子
I need to find another anchor point.
我要另找一个固定点