Sue's given us a list of hot pot ingredients to find in the market, lotus root, mushrooms and beef.
苏给了我们一张火锅料单到市场入货,莲藕,蘑菇还有牛肉
There are no stalls.
这都没摊位
The trucks rock up, they sell their vegetables and they go home and that is how it works.
货车列阵,他们就这样卖菜。卖完回家,就是这样子做买卖
He's sold out.
他都卖完了
Have you sold... Oh, good, very good.
你是卖完了吗…好,太棒了
Hello, how are you?
您好
I am very good, how are you?
我挺好,您呢
You know what? There is a really happy atmosphere here, isn't there? It's lush.
感觉到没,这里很喜庆,不是吗?应有尽有
Sue wants us to get lotus root.
苏让我们买莲藕
Look at that.
看那儿
They look like living in a swamp of its own making. That is remarkable.
它们看上去就像长在那滩水里的。不可思议
Go on, Dave, get stuck in.
加油,戴夫,赶紧的
Right, I'll have three.
好的,我买三根
Now Dave calls this a hard-nosed paddling technique.
戴夫管这个叫“醒目手语”
How much?
多少钱
I call it handing over the dosh. No questions asked.
我管这叫“一手交钱一手交货”。啥都没问
Twenty.
20块
That's two quid I suppose. Not bad. Yeah.
差不多2英镑吧,我猜。不错,是的
Just as well it is as reasonably priced as it is fresh.
这很新鲜,这价格还算合理啦
Thank you, thank you.
谢谢你,谢谢你
Onto the next item on Sue's list, mushrooms.
苏列的单子上下一项是蘑菇
Look at them, they are like velvet.
看这儿,它们看起来就像丝绒
They look like people's ears.
看起来像人的耳朵
You know like, when you played rugby, the cauliflower ears.
就像你玩橄榄球耳朵受过伤后的样子
Get loads. These are superb.
装上,这些太棒了
There is one more item left to buy
还有最后一项
and that means heading deep into the heart of the market.
那得去市场的中心部位
This is Beijing's meat hangar.
这儿就是北京的肉铺
In the west we tend to design a meal around our choice of meat,
西方人常常是有什么肉做什么菜
but traditional Chinese cooks use meat more like a garnish.
但传统的中国菜,肉更多地是一种配菜
There is such a lot of choice.
有这么多选择啊
Now, I know my beef, but finding the right cut for the recipe
找到牛肉了,可食谱上需要哪个部位呢
is not as easy as you think.
这就没你想的那么容易了
You'd have to recognise the joints.
你必须认识各种部位
That is silverside. The silverside would be good. Yeah, let's do that.
牛腿肉。牛腿肉就很好呀。是,就这块了
Can we have this? Please, thank you. Thank you. Happy New Year. Thank you.
能要这块吗,好的,谢谢你。谢谢你,新年快乐。谢谢