Our current educational system focuses on preparing today's youth to get good jobs by developing scholastic skills.
我们当前的教育体系致力于让年轻人学习知识并找到一份好工作。
Their lives will revolve around their wages or, as described earlier, their income column.
他们的生活将围绕工资或前面提到的收入项进行。
They study to become engineers, scientists, cooks, police officers, artists, writers, and so on.
他们会被培养成为工程师、科学家、厨师、警察、艺术家、作家,等等。
These professional skills allow them to enter the workforce and work for money.
这些职业技能使他们能成为工薪阶层并为钱而工作。
There is a big difference between your profession and your business.
请注意,你的职业和你的事业有很大的差别。
Often I ask people, "What is your business?" And they will say, "Oh, I'm a banker."
我经常问人们:"你的事业是什么?"他们会说:"我在银行工作。"
Then I ask them if they own the bank. And they usually respond, "No, I work there."
接着我问他们是否拥有一家银行,他们通常回答:"不是的,我只在那儿工作。"
In that instance, they have confused their profession with their business.
在这个例子中,他们混淆了他们的职业和事业。
Their profession may be a banker, but they still need their own business.
他们可以在银行工作,但他们仍应有自己的事业。
To become financially secure, a person needs to mind their own business.
为了财务安全,人们需要关注自己的事业。
Your business revolves around your asset column.
你的事业的重心是你的资产项。
As stated earlier, the number-one rule is to know the difference between an asset and a liability, and to buy assets.
正如以前说过的,秘诀一是要知道资产与负债的区别,并且去买入资产。
The rich focus on their asset columns, while everyone else focuses on their income statements.
富人关心的焦点是资产而其他人关心的是收入。
That is why we hear so often: "I need a raise." "If only I had a promotion."
这就是我们为什么总是听到人说:"我要加薪"、"我要是能升职该有多好"。
"I am going back to school to get more training so I can get a better job."
"我要回学校去继续深造以便找到一份更好的工作"
"I am going to work overtime." "Maybe I can get a second job."
"我要去加班"、"也许我能干两份工作"
"I'm quitting in two weeks. I found a job that pays more."
"两周之内我会辞职因为我找到了一份工资更高的工作"。
In some circles, these are sensible ideas.
在某些情况下,这些想法都是明智的。
Yet if you listen to Ray Kroc, you'll still love minding your own business.
但如果你听了雷·克罗克的话,你还是会想要关注自己的事业
These ideas all still focus on the income column and will only help a person become more financially secure if the additional money is used to purchase income-generating assets.
上面这些想法只是围绕着工资收入转而且只有你把额外的收入用来购买可产生收入的资产,你才能获得真正的财务安全。
The primary reason the majority of the poor and middle class are fiscally conservative which means, "I can't afford to take risks"- is that they have no financial foundation.
大多数穷人和中产阶级财务保守,这意味着他们无法承担风险,其根本原因在于,他们没有经济基础。
They have to cling to their jobs. They have to play it safe.
他们必须依附于工作,必须安全运作。