And so she's between, she herself is scientifically trained
她是科学地训练过的,
but she is dealing with her relatives, who although very educated, are very superstitious.
但是她处理与那些尽管受过高等教育,也很迷信的亲戚。
And this is letter that she, the email that she gets from one of her relatives. This is her niece, Tina, in Hong Kong.
并且她收到的这封信,来自于她在香港的侄女,Tina。
She writes "We write to you because of our daughter Bobby, do you remember her?
她写道“我们写信给你是因为我们的女儿波比,你还记得她吗?
Number one. Went to Andover, then MIT, then Harvard Business School, got nice job on Wall Street,
她去了麻省理工,然后去了哈佛商学院,在华尔街上找到了一份好差事,
but now all of a sudden she quit that job to live with a drummer.
但现在突然她辞掉工作去和一个鼓手鬼混。
And on top of it tried to sell the apartment we give to her.
并试图卖掉我们给她的顶楼公寓。
Very nice place, Upper East Side, have doorman, everything.
一个非常不错的房子,上东区有门卫,应有尽有。
She do not care. All she can think about is drum something.
但她不在乎,她满脑子都是那个鼓手。
We worry. She is our number one daughter, how can this happen to our family?
我们很担心,她是我们唯一的女儿,这种事怎么能发生在我们家呢?
We analyze in particular Johnson." Johnson quote well known for his analysis.
我们特别请约翰逊做了分析。”他已他的分析闻名。
"But in the end there is only one thing we can guess.
"但最后我们只猜到一点。
Only we can guess that the graves of grandpa and grandma are not auspicious.
我们猜爷爷奶奶的墓风水不好,
The story always hear is how grandpa and grandma were not buried in Qufu as they'd like to be "
为什么他们不葬在他们想要葬身的曲阜呢。”
"Hogwash" thinks Hadie. I should explain that Qufu is the Confucian family graveyard where 2000 years of Qongs have been buried.
“废话”,Hadie想到,我要解释一下,曲阜是2000年来孔夫子,家族墓地的地方。
But Hadie's parents were not buried there because of the revolution.
但是Hadie的父母,因为大变革没有葬在那里。
"Instead because they died in Taiwan, first Uncle (that's Hadie's brother) buried them in Taiwan.
相反,因为他们死在太晚,大叔叔把他们葬在了台湾。
And then with him, himself leaving Taiwan, no one left to sweep the grave.
然后离开了台湾,没人去扫墓。
We have to move them somewhere else again. Mainland's still closed;
我们要迁坟,大陆仍然不对外开放;
cannot bury them there; impossible. So we say:
不能把他们葬在那儿;不可能,所以,
OK, how about Iowa? Never mind that grandpa never visited Iowa once in his life.
我们说:衣阿华洲怎么样?爷爷一辈子也没去过衣阿华州。
First Uncle said at least they go to Iowa together.
大叔叔说,至少他们可以一起去衣阿华州祭拜。
And of course when the bone picker opened the graves (that's to move them), looks like the bones are dry.
当迁坟人去打开坟墓时,骨头看上去是干的。
That is true. So first Uncle say, you see, if the feng-shui no good, the bones are not dry even many years later.
那是真的。因此大叔叔说,你们看,要是风水不好的话,骨头也不会干那么多年。