Dialogue 1
Xiaogao: Well, Jingjing, I'm afraid I'm going to have to cut my stay short here in Beijing.
小高:嗯,京晶,恐怕我不得不提前离开北京了。
Jingjing: What? You mean you're gonna split? Why? I thought you liked it here?
京晶:什么?你的意思是你要走啦?为什么呢?我还以为你喜欢这里呢?
Xiaogao: Don't worry, I'll be back. I'm just going home to straighten out my visa.
小高:别担心,我会回来的。我只是要回去解决我的签证问题。
Jingjing: Oh, okay, phew! Well, when are you coming back?
京晶:那还好,哎呀,你吓死我了!那你什么时候回来?
Xiaogao: Probably in a month or so. But I have to leave soon. My visa expires in a couple of days so it's a race against the clock to get back home as soon as possible.
小高:大概一个月左右。但是,我必须尽快离开。我的签证再过几天就到期了,所以我得和时间赛跑, 尽快回家。
Jingjing: Oh, I see. Well, when you come back hopefully you'll have all the time in the world. It's no fun being pressed for time. Hey, do you have anyone that will send you to the airport?
京晶:哦,我明白了。好吧,希望你回来的时候一切都解决好了。这么紧迫实在太痛苦了。对了,有没有人送你去机场?
Xiaogao: No, I was gonna take a cab there. Unless…
小高:没有,我本来打算坐出租车的。除非……
Jingjing: Of course I'll take you! You know you don't have to ask that!
京晶:我当然要去送你啦!这还用问吗!
Xiaogao: Really? You're the greatest!
小高:真的吗?你太伟大啦!
Jingjing: I know I am! What time does your flight leave?
京晶:我也这么认为的,哈哈!你的航班几点起飞?
Xiaogao: Nine in the morning, do you think you can handle that?
小高:早上9点,你来得及吗?
Jingjing: I'll be at your place at 6:00 on the dot. See you then!
京晶:我会在6点整到你家的。到时候见!
Xiaogao: Okay, see ya!
小高:好,到时见!
New words for dialogue:
cut something short=早于预期停止做某事
split 离开
straighten out (something)=解决……问题
visa=签证
Phew!=语气词,指松了一口气。
race against the clock=分秒必争,指着急
have all the time in the world=有大量的时间; 指不必担心或有压力
pressed for time=时间紧迫,着急
What time does your flight leave?=(固定的询问方式)某人的航班几点起飞。
on the dot==(几点) 整(只能用在整点, 如7:00 on the dot,不能说7:15 on the dot)
Dialogue 2
Xiaogao: I must say, Jingjing. I have to take my hat off for you, you said you'd be at my place at 6:00 sharp and you were. I really appreciate it!
小高:我必须说,京晶。我得脱帽向你致敬,你说你会在6点整准时到我家,你真的做到了。我真的很感激!
Jingjing: No problem, you know I always keep my word. Well, right now it's only 7:00. You still have some time to kill before your plane leaves.
京晶:没什么啦,你知道我一向说话算话的。我看一下,现在刚7点。离你起飞还有一段时间呢。
Xiaogao: Okay, let's go get a cup of coffee. It's my treat. (Xiaogao saysto the coffee shop worker) Two cups of coffee please.
小高:嗯,我们去喝杯咖啡吧。我请客。(小高对咖啡厅店员说)请来两杯咖啡。
Jingjing: Wow! This coffee is so strong! It just about knocked my socks off! I don't usually drink coffee this early in the morning.
京晶:哇!这咖啡这么浓啊!太刺激了!我通常不会这么早喝咖啡。
Xiaogao: Yeah, this is some good stuff. You know, Jingjing, I'm really gonna miss you.
小高:是的,这是好东西。你知道,京晶,我一定会想你的。
Jingjing: Now is not the time to get all emotional. Here, I brought you a going away gift.
京晶:现在还不是催泪的时候。看,我给你带了一个告别礼物。
Xiaogao: A gift? Why did you do that?
小高:礼物?你为什么送我礼物?
Jingjing: It's common for Chinese to give a gift when someone is coming or going. You didn't know?
京晶:这在中国很常见的,当有人回来或离开的时候会送他礼物。你不知道吗?
Xiaogao: No, I didn't. That's so nice of you. Can I open it?
小高:不知道。你真好。我可以打开吗?
Jingjing: Be my guest.
京晶:当然。
Xiaogao: Cool! A new watch! I needed a new one!
小高:太酷了!一只新手表!我正需要一个新的!
Jingjing: I'm glad you like it.
京晶:我很高兴你喜欢它。
Xiaogao: (The loud speaker at the airport says Now boarding flight1423 to Detroit.) That's my flight. I gotta bounce. Thanks for everything,Jingjing. I'll see you when I get back.
小高:(机场广播:飞往底特律的1423航班的乘客现在请您登机。)这是我的航班。我得走啦。谢谢你做的一切,京晶。等我回来见。
Jingjing: Take care, Xiaogao!
京晶:保重,小高!
New words for dialogue:
take one's hat off for someone=为某人把帽子摘下,指佩服某人
sharp=(几点)整(只能用在整点, 如7:00 sharp,不能说7:15 sharp)
keep one's word=说到做到
have some time to kill=有空闲时间来消磨
knock one's socks off=(通常指口味或气味)非常浓烈。例如,一杯二锅头会“knock your socks off”。
Be my guest.=请便。
bounce 离开