手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 公开课 > 斯坦福大学《创业与企业发展》 > 正文

创业与企业发展(视频+MP3+中英字幕) 第57期:创业的重要知识

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

What kind of startup should not go through incubation, in your opinion?

你认为什么类型的创业公司不会被孵化?
What kinda, you mean.
什么类型?
Well, yeah.
是的
Do you mean incubation YC?
你特指YC吗?
No, yeah, YC or. What kind of startup should not through YC.
不,YC还有类似的公司,什么类型的创业公司不会被孵化?
Definitely any that will fail.
当然是注定失败的公司了
And, or, if you'll succeed but you're an intolerable person that also,
或者是,能成功,但是,如果创始人让人难以忍受的话
Sam would probably sooner do without.
Sam也是不会同意孵化的
Short of that, I cannot think of any, because most, a large percentage of,
别的想不到了。大部分创业者
founders are often surprised by how large a percentage of the problems that startups have
惊奇地发现,无论他们开的是什么项目的公司
are the same regardless of what kind of thing they're working on.
他们面临的问题大部分都是一样的

创业与企业发展

And those tend to be kind of problems that

YC能提供帮助最大的问题
YC helps with the most not the ones that are domain specific.
并不是创业内容领域的问题
So I can't, is there, can you think of, class of startups that YC wouldn't work for?
你能想出哪类公司YC是帮不上忙的吗?
I can't.
反正我想不到
I mean like we had fission and fusion startups in the last batch.
上一批孵化的创业公司中,有做核聚变和核裂变的
Rather they had, yes?
你吧
You mentioned that it's good advice to learn a lot about something that matters?
你前面提到要学习重要的知识
Yes.
是的
Some good strategies to figure out what matters?
什么方法可以确定哪些是重要知识?
Well, If you think of, okay, so how do you figure out what matters?
如何确定哪些是重要知识?
If you think of technology as something that's spreading as a sort of fractal stain,
我前面说过,可以把技术想成是不规则的水滴
anything on the edge represents an interesting idea.
其边缘上的每个点都是有意思的创意
It sounds familiar. So how do you figure out hmm?
还记得吧?如何确定?
Like I said, that was the problem.
如我所说,这是问题的核心
You have correctly identified, the thing where I didn't really answer the question,
你说出了我并没有回答的部分
where I gave this question begging answer.
我并没有给出明确答案
I said, like I, just like, I'm interested in interesting things.
我前面说,我对有意思的东西感兴趣
If you're interested in interesting things, work on them and things will all work out, right?
如果对有意思的东西感兴趣,着手做就行,一定会有成果的
But how do you tell what is a real problem? I don't know.
但是如何判断什么样的问题是好问题呢?我也不知道
That's like important enough to write a whole essay about, and I don't know the answer.
这点很重要,值得写篇文章,我也不知道答案
I probably should write something about that. But I don't know!
我应该写篇文章
I don't know.
我也不知道答案
I figured out a technique for detecting whether you have a taste for genuinely interesting problems,
我知道一种方法可以判断你是否对有意思的事情敏感
which is whether you find working on boring things intolerable, right?
就是,你无法忍受无聊的事情
And there are known boring things, like literary theory and working in middle management in some large company.
有很多事情很无聊,比如,文学理论,再比如,在大公司做中层管理
So if you could tolerate those things, then you must not,
如果你能忍受这些事情
you must either have stupendous self discipline,
那么,你要么有惊人的自律
or you don't have a taste for genuinely interesting problems, and vice versa.
要么,你无法判断某个问题是否有意思,反之亦然
Yes? One more question.
只能再回答一个问题了
Okay, one more question, it better be good.
只有一个问题了?太好了!
I was wondering out, you know like Snapchat, like, makes money
就像Snapchat…
Snapchat? What do I know about Snapchat? We didn't fund them.
我对Snapchat不了解,我们不资助他们公司
How about another question? All right go ahead.
重新问个问题吧?问吧
You talked about hiring employees you like.
您讲到的雇人方法
But it seems like that could read into a monoculture,
可能会导致单一文化
and there are a lot of benefits in being a monoculture,
单一文化固然有很多好处
but how do you feel about the blind spots that arise?
您如何看待由此产生的盲点呢?
Okay, so if you hire people who you like you might get a monoculture,
创始人雇自己喜欢的人可能会导致单一文化
and how do you deal with the blind spots that arise?
如何应对由此产生的盲点呢?
Starting a startup is something where many things will be going wrong.
创业中会出现很多问题
You can't expect it to be perfect,
不能奢望完美无瑕
and the advantages of hiring people that you know and like are far greater than, you know,
雇自己认识和喜欢的人的好处远大于
the small disadvantages of having some monoculture.
由此产生的单一文化问题
You look at it empirically
由经验来看
all the most successful startups someone just like hires all their pals out of college.
所有最成功的创业公司在初期招募的都是大学朋友
All right you guys, thank you.
谢谢大家,再见

重点单词   查看全部解释    
technique [tek'ni:k]

想一想再看

n. 技术,技巧,技能

 
stain [stein]

想一想再看

n. 污点,瑕疵,染料,着色剂
v. 玷污,弄

 
incubation ['inkju'beiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 抱蛋,孵化,熟虑

联想记忆
discipline ['disiplin]

想一想再看

n. 训练,纪律,惩罚,学科
vt. 训练,惩

联想记忆
empirically

想一想再看

adv. 以经验为主地

 
fusion ['fju:ʒən]

想一想再看

n. 融合物,结合,熔合

联想记忆
boring ['bɔ:riŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 令人厌烦的

 
identified

想一想再看

adj. 被识别的;经鉴定的;被认同者 v. 鉴定(id

 
figure ['figə]

想一想再看

n. 图形,数字,形状; 人物,外形,体型
v

联想记忆
tend [tend]

想一想再看

v. 趋向,易于,照料,护理

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。