Mankind's most enduring enemy: disease.
人类最长期的敌人就是疾病
I'm confident in our lifetime
我相信在我们有生之年
we will experience a pandemic that is similar in scope to the Bubonic Plague.
一定会经历一场和黑死病类似规模的 大规模流行病
But now we have an advantage, now we know it's possible,
但我们现在占有先机 我们知道这有可能发生
we know what we can do to stop it,
也知道如何能阻止它的发生
and we know what we can do to cure people who are infected.
但我们更知道如何治愈它
We will use science to beat back the things we have feared the most.
我们能用科学击退 自己最大的恐惧
Yet, in our darkest moments, we find enlightenment,
在最黑暗的时刻 我们找寻启蒙的光亮
And with all we've learnt, we face the future.
凭借所学 我们面向未来
History is the roadmap,and without it,
历史就像路标 没有它
there is no way to navigate the future,it's not possible.
就没法开拓未来 根本不可能
Now, a new journey into inner space.
现在 我们开启了进入内心世界的新航程
The most important place for us to investigate the body now
如今 我们需要研究人体内最重要的地方
is the brain in order to enter the next realm
那就是大脑 这样才能进入人类长寿
of longevity and wealth and health in among humanity.
富裕与健康的新领域
That same instinct to discover ourselves Will fuel the exploration of our universe.
探索自我的天性 会激发我们探索宇宙的奥秘
We'll unlock the power of the sun And reach out into space.
我们将开启太阳的力量 并延伸至宇宙
There's a human need to investigate, to explore,and to see new lands,
人类需要调查 探索 发现新的地域
and I think that drive will eventually lead us to other planets.
我认为这份动力最终将引导我们 去到别的星球
The next step, a new home.
下一站是新的家园
There's no question that humans will be going to Mars
毫无疑问 人类未来会登上火星
probably within the lifetime of people who are alive today.
说不定如今还健在的人在有生之年就可以看到