You see our final mum has serious international culinary influences too, this time from the good old US of A!
我们最后一位妈妈身受国际烹饪方式的影响 这一次是来自美国的美食
Awesome, dude!
太棒了
Like thousands of others, her dad was stationed at one of Suffolk's US bases during the Second World War.
像许多人一样 她的父亲在二战时驻扎在苏佛可的美军基地
What? An airbase like this one?
这样的空军基地
Yes, Si. And what's amazing, that even so far from home, soldiers on bases like these didn't have to miss out on the distinctive taste of America.
是的 令人惊异的是 即使身处他乡 美军士兵却不会错过美国风味的食物
For over 100 years, every US army base has had its own shop called the PX, selling classic American ingredients to homesick soldiers.
100多年来 每个美军基地都有自己的军中福利社 为士兵提供美国食物
I reckon they'd have sold everything we'd need for our take on an American classic, the key lime pie.
那我认为他们一定有我们需要的美国传统食材 小酸柑馅饼
It's an interesting confection, this, and I think it's one you'll cook at home.
这道料理的馅料很有趣 你可以在家里做
It's a bit funkier than lemon meringue pie, which is nevertheless a favourite.
比柠檬蛋白派更新潮 但还是很受欢迎
It's funky, dude!
新潮 老兄
We're using the egg white to make a traditional meringue, with some vanilla extract, and plenty of sugar.
我们用蛋白来制作传统蛋白甜饼 加入香草精 糖
We pour in this wonderful... limey mixture.
倒入美妙的酸柑面糊里面
That really is lovely. It's so zesty, it's tangy, it's gorgeous.
美味浓郁 精致无比
And as you can see, where we've put the crumbs up the sides of the tin, it's made a natural biscuity bowl, with which to pour the lime gloop.
大家可以看见我们把饼干屑按锅子边缘叠起来 做成天然的饼干碗装 中间倒入酸柑面糊
The meringue goes on the top.
蛋白放在上面
Right, mate, there you go. Right. Now you take a fork, and we want peaks.
对 老兄 拿过去 现在拿起一把叉子 做出山峰状
Not twin peaks, we want about 30. And I always like rocky peaks.
不需要两座山峰 30座才行 我一直很喜欢石头山峰
If you think about it, they're going to go crispy. Lovely.
你想想 这些会变得酥脆
All you have to do now is put it into a preheated oven, about 160 degrees, for about 15 to 20 minutes until it's kind of nice and golden and crispy.
现在放入预热的烤箱 160度 15到20分钟 直到变成美丽的金黄脆皮