手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 牙齿和爪子(第3级) > 正文

牙齿和爪子 第19期:母狼(1)

来源:可可英语 编辑:alice   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

The She-Wolf

母狼
To Leonard Bilsiter the real world was not very agreeable or interesting.
对伦纳德·比尔斯特来说现实世界不很惬意或有趣,
He preferred to live in an 'unseen world' of his imagination.
他喜欢生活在想像中的"神秘世界"里。
Children are often very good at this,
孩子们经常擅于这样,
but they are happy in their own dream worlds and do not try to make other people believe them.
他们在自己的梦幻世界里非常快乐,并不想让别人相信他们。
Leonard Bilsiter talked about 'the unseen world' to anyone who would listen to him.
可伦纳德·比尔斯特对任何愿意听的人都大谈"神秘世界"。
Nothing very strange happened to Leonard,until one year he travelled by train across Eastern Europe.
伦纳德没碰到过什么奇特的事情,直到有一年他乘火车穿越东欧旅行。
He had a long conversation with a Russian passenger,who talked about magic and 'hidden powers' in a most interesting way.
他同一个俄国乘客谈了很长时间,这个人用很有趣的方式大谈魔法和"隐秘的力量"。
Leonard listened excitedly.
伦纳德很兴奋地听着。
He came home with many stories about the strange,dark mysteries which he called Siberian Magic.
他带回家很多关于奇怪、隐晦的魔法的故事,并把它们称作"西伯利亚魔法"。
His aunt,Cecilia Hoops,was deeply interested in Leonard's Siberian Magic.
他的姑妈,塞西莉亚·霍普斯,对伦纳德的魔法很着迷。
When she told her friends about it
她告诉朋友
('My dears,he took a garden vegetable and changed it into a bird in front of my eyes!'),
"天哪,他在我眼前把花园里的一棵菜变成了一只鸟!"
her friends realized that she also had a wonderful imagination.
朋友们认为她的想像力也真够丰富的。
Leonard,together with his hidden powers,was invited to Mary Hampton's house-party.
伦纳德带着他神秘的力量应邀参加玛丽·汉普顿的家庭聚会。
Several other people were also staying in the house,
屋里还有其他几个人,
and they all had to listen to Leonard talking about the mysteries of the unseen world.
都在听伦纳德讲述神秘世界里的离奇故事。
'Do please change me into a wolf,Mr Bilsiter,'said Mrs Hampton during lunch on the day of his arrival.
"请你一定把我变成一只狼,比尔斯特先生,"汉普顿夫人在他来那天的午餐时说。
'My dear Mary,'said her husband.
"亲爱的玛丽,"她丈夫说,
'What a strange idea!'
"你这念头真奇怪!"
'A she-wolf,of course,'continued Mrs Hampton.
"当然是一只母狼,"汉普顿夫人继续说,
'I don't want to change into a man as well as an animal!'
"我不想变成一个男人或一头牲畜!"
'We should not joke about the unseen world,'said Leonard.
"我们不能拿神秘世界开玩笑,"伦纳德说。
'Oh,I'm not joking,I promise you.
"哦,我不是在开玩笑,我向你保证。
But don't change me into a wolf tonight.
但是今晚别把我变成狼,
I want to play cards,and there are only eight of us in the house today.
我想玩牌,今天屋里只有我们8个人。
I've invited some more people to come here tomorrow.
我已经邀请了更多的人明天来这儿,
Wait until tomorrow night.
等到明天晚上。"
Leonard was not amused.
伦纳德没有觉得好笑。
'Mrs Hampton,you really must not laugh at these dark mysteries.
"汉普顿夫人,你真的不能嘲笑这些隐秘的离奇故事,
They can be stronger and more dangerous than we realize.
它们比我们想像的更强大、更危险。"
Clovis Sangrail listened silently to this conversation,
克洛维斯·桑格瑞尔不出声地听着。
and after lunch he spoke to Lord Pabham in the smoking-room.
午餐后他在吸烟室对帕布汉姆勋爵说起此事。
'Tell me,Lord Pabham,'began Clovis.
"告诉我,帕布汉姆勋爵,"克洛维斯说。
'Have you got a she-wolf in your zoo at Pabham Park?A quiet,friendly she-wolf?'
"帕布汉姆公园你的动物园里有母狼吗?一只安静友好的母狼?"
'There's Louisa,'said Lord Pabham thoughtfully.
"有,叫路易莎,"帕布汉姆勋爵思索着说。
'She's very quiet and gentle.
"她很安静温顺。
Why do you ask?'
你为什么问这个?"
'I'd like to borrow her tomorrow evening,'said Clovis lightly.
"我明晚想借用她,"克洛维斯轻轻地说。
'May I,please?'
"可以吗?"

重点单词   查看全部解释    
agreeable [ə'gri:əbəl]

想一想再看

adj. 愉快的,和蔼可亲的,欣然同意的,一致的

联想记忆
amused [ə'mju:zd]

想一想再看

adj. 有趣的

 
spoke [spəuk]

想一想再看

v. 说,说话,演说

 
gentle ['dʒentl]

想一想再看

adj. 温和的,轻柔的,文雅的,温顺的,出身名门的

 
conversation [.kɔnvə'seiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 会话,谈话

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。