手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 公开课 > 斯坦福大学《创业与企业发展》 > 正文

创业与企业发展(视频+MP3+中英字幕) 第50期:读商学院对创业有用吗

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Sure, we'll start with, two questions online or we can start with others.

我想问两个来自网上的问题,或是我问别的问题
You guys are in charge, whatever you wanna do.
你们说了算,问什么都行
Okay. So, to start with, online questions.
第一个网上的问题
The most voted question today was-
今天大家最想问的问题是
Do I have to repeat them, by the way?
我得重复一下问题吗?
Yeah. Okay.
是的。好的
How can a non-technical founder most effectively contribute to a startup?
没有技术背景的创始人如何在创业公司中最有效地做出自己的贡献?
How can a non-technical founder most effectively contribute to a startup?
没有技术背景的创始人如何在创业公司中最有效地做出自己的贡献?

创业与企业发展

Well, if the startup is, if the startup is working in some domain.

如果是某些领域的创业
If it's not a pure technology startup,
如果不是纯技术领域的创业
but is working in some very specific domain, like, if it's Uber, right?
是某个特殊的领域,例如Uber公司
And the, and the non-technical founder was an expert in the limo business, then, actually,
非技术出身的创始人是豪华轿车行业的佼佼者
the non-technical founder would probably be doing most of the work,
非技术出身的创始人所做的大部分工作
recruiting drivers and doing whatever else Uber has to do, right?
就是,招募司机和其他公司事务
And the technical founder will be just writing the iPhone app,
技术出身的创始人就会写应用程序
which is probably less, well, iPhone and Android app, hm, which is less than half of it.
iPhone应用程序、Android应用程序这还不到总工作量的一半
If it's a purely technology startup, the, the non-technical founder does sales.
如果是纯技术创业,非技术出身的创始人可以做销售
And brings coffee and cheeseburgers to the programmer.
给程序员们跑跑腿,打打杂
Okay, next. Oh, audience? Okay, audience, yes?
下一个,下一个同学,请讲
Do you see, any value in business school for people who want to pursue entrepreneur, entrepreneurship?
你认为想创业的人去读商学院有用么?
Do I see any value in.
我觉得有用吗?
Or, if so, what value, I guess? I'm hoping that's not.
如果有用,有什么用?
Well, we probably won't have to get to the second question.
第二个问题可能直接不需要回答了
Which I suppose is the answer to your first question.
你的第一个问题我已经隐含回答了
Okay, so the question is, is there any value in business school if you're interested in entrepreneurship?
问题是,想创业的人去读商学院有用么?
And, if so, what? So, basically, no.
如果有用,有什么用?几乎没有用。
I mean, it sounds undiplomatic, but the point,
这个回答貌似唐突,但是合理的
what business school was designed for is to teach people management, right?
商学院的作用是教给大家管理的方法
And management is a problem that you only have in a startup if you're sufficiently successful.
只有创业成功了才能谈管理问题
So, really, what you need to,
因此,你需要做的是
what you need to know early on to make a startup successful, is developing products.
要想创业,初期要做的是研发产品
You'd be better off going to design school, if you want to go to some sort of school.
如果你非想读个学校,还不如去读设计学校呢
Although frankly, the way to learn how to do it is just to do it, you know?
坦白讲,创业的方法是在创业过程中逐步积累的,你知道吗?
One of the things I got wrong early on,
曾经我犯过一个错误
is that I advised people who were interested in starting a startup to go work
我建议有志创业的人
for some other company for a few years before starting their own.
先去其他公司工作几年,再创业
But, honestly, the best way to learn how to start a startup is to try and start it.
开诚布公地讲,学习创业的最好方法是开始创业
You may not be successful, but you'll learn faster if you just do it.
你不一定能成功,但是你会从中学到很多,进步很快
So, not really.
也不尽然
Business schools are trying really hard to do this, but honestly, like, they were,
商学院也尽可能教学生创业,但是
they were designed to train the officer corps of large companies, right?
商学院的主要目的是为大公司培养高管,对吧

重点单词   查看全部解释    
entrepreneur [.ɔntrəprə'nə:]

想一想再看

n. 企业家,主办者,承包商

联想记忆
technical ['teknikəl]

想一想再看

adj. 技术的,工艺的

 
specific [spi'sifik]

想一想再看

adj. 特殊的,明确的,具有特效的
n. 特

联想记忆
pursue [pə'sju:]

想一想再看

v. 追捕,追求,继续从事

联想记忆
effectively [i'fektivli]

想一想再看

adv. 事实上,有效地

 
contribute [kən'tribju:t]

想一想再看

vt. 捐助,投稿
vi. 投稿,贡献,是原因

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。