Closing Remarks from Liz
丽兹的结束语
Greg Can Be Really Annoying
格雷格真的很烦人
Greg can be really annoying. I understand. I work with him.
格雷格真的很烦人。我懂。我和他共事。
Even during the writing of this book he has managed to dash my hopes and dreams about men I have been optimistic about dating.
甚至在他写这本书时,对我乐观积极约会的男人,他都试着摧毁我对这些男人的希望和梦想。
It seems no one is good enough for Greg.
对格雷格来说,好像没什么人够格。
It's impossible to please Greg, with his high demands on men's behavior.
按照格雷格对男人行为的高标准,取悦他是不可能的。
Who does Greg think he is?
格雷格当他是谁啊?
So what if my guy calls me on Monday instead of on the weekend like he said he would?
一家伙说周末打电话给我却在周一才打给我,那又怎样呢?
What's so wrong with that, Greg?
格雷格,这有什么错吗?
Jeez. It's one lousy day.
天呐,真是糟糕的一天。
With your impossibly high standards Greg, I'm going to be dating, like, every eight years.
按你这个离谱的高标准,格雷格,我觉得每八年才能有约会哦。
He's also so absolute.
他也太绝对了。
He really doesn't live in the gray area.
他不是生活在灰色地带。
I do. In fact, I bought a co-op and move into the gray area.
我才是。实际上,我买了一套合作社公寓,搬进了灰色区域。
It's the right choice for me (even though the maintenance is really high) .
对我来说是个正确的选择(虽然维修费真的很高)。
I don't know theoretically what I'd do if my spouse who I was married to for fifteen years and had three kids with cheated on me.
理论上说,如果和我结婚了十五年、育有三个孩子的的配偶欺骗了我,我不知道该怎么做。
Greg does. He's absolute.
格雷格知道。他很绝对。
Also, I'm a pessimist, and Greg's unswerving optimism really irritating.
而且,我是个消极主义者,格雷格坚定不移的乐观真的很恼人。
It annoys me when he tells me that he believes everyone—if they truly believe it and are open to it—will find a good person to love.
格雷格对我说他相信每个人都能找到一个优秀的人去爱。(如果他们真心相信,并且乐观面对。)
I don't believe that's true.
我觉得这是不对的。
I think some of those people who are single and ready to have love in their lives are going to get cancer and die, or get hit by a car, or just never find love with a good man and maybe just settle.
我觉得那些单身的、准备去爱的人要得癌症死去了,或者被车撞到,或者永远不能和优秀的人相爱,或许就保持现状吧。
That's why I'm not the one answering all the questions!
这就是为什么我解答不出所有的问题。
I also know that I get really lonely.
我也知道我很孤单。
And Greg has been with his wife for over five years now.
格雷格和他妻子在一起超过五年了。
He doesn't know from single person's lonely.
他不知道单身的人士的孤单。
Easy for him to sit at the lazy Susan of love, and tell me to keep turning until I find just the right dish.
坐在爱的圆桌旁,然后告诉我要不停的转动圆盘,直到发现我喜欢的菜,对他来说挺简单的。
He's got a date for every Valentine's Day for the rest of his dam life.
他余生每个情人节都有约会。
But I do think he's right—a lot of the time—which is the most annoying part of it all.
但是很多时候我认为他说的没错,也是所有当中最讨厌的一部分。
Greg is the older brother we all should have in our lives (and in our heads) .
我们这一辈子应该要有格雷格这样的兄长(或者在我们的意念当中)。
He demands that men treat us better than even we think they should.
他要求男人待我们甚至要比我们认为的更好。