2.When I Was One-and-Twenty
2.我二十一岁的时候
When I was one-and-twenty
我二十一岁的时候
I heard a wise man say,
听到一位智者说:
"Give crowns and pounds and guineas
"宁献王冠金银,
But not your heart away;
勿滥奉情交心;
Give pearls away and rubies
宁赠珠宝珍稀,
But keep your fancy free."
勿丢幻想之翼"
But I was one-and-twenty,
可惜二十一岁的我
No use to talk to me.
对此充耳不闻。
When I was one-and-twenty
我二十一岁的时候
I heard him say again,
又听智者说:
"The heart out of the bosom
"推心置腹的人,
Was never given in vain;
永远不会徒然无所获;
'Tis paid with sighs a plenty
它换来的是悠悠哀叹
And sold for endless rue."
和无尽的悔恨"
And I am two-and-twenty,
我二十一岁的时候
And oh, 'tis true, 'tis true.
唉,这话千真万确,万确千真。