3.Be the Best of Whatever You Are
3.做最好的自己
If you can't be a pine on the top of the hill,
如果你当不了山巅的一棵劲松,
Be a scrub in the valley-but be
就做山谷里的灌木--但一定
The best little scrub by the side of the rill;
要做溪边最棒的一棵;
Be a bush if you can't be a tree.
估一棵灌木,如果你成不了树。
If you can't be a bush be a bit of grass,
如果你当不了灌木,就做一株小草,
And some highway happier make;
给路边带去更多欢笑;
If you can't be a muskie then just be a bass-
如果你当不了大梭鱼,就做一尾小鲈鱼
But the liveliest bass in the lake!
--但要做湖里最活泼的那条!
We can't all be captains, we've got to be crew,
我们不能全当船长,总得有人做船员,
There's something for all of us here.
但我们每个人都有事可做,
There's big work to do, and there's lesser to do,
有大事去做,有小事去做,
And the task you must do is the near.
我们必须着眼于眼前。
If you can't be a highway then just be a trail,
如果你当不了大道,就做一条小径,
If you can't be the sun be a star;
如果你当不了太阳,就做一颗星星;
It isn't by size that you win or you fail-
胜负不在于大小--
Be the best of whatever you are!
不论做什么,一定要做到最好!