Couple of bits of wood across here.And lash that all down.
用些木材横穿过这里 把这些都系牢
And to tie off, I'm using a sledge knot.
为了系牢 我打的是雪橇结
And you won't find how to tie a sledge knot in any book or manual,
你在书上是找不到该怎么打雪橇结的
but it's used by dogsledders as a really efficient self-tightening knot that'll never come undone.
但是用狗拉雪橇时 打这种结十分管用 这结是不会散的
Take a bite around the rope.Then you go around itself once, twice, three times.
先绕个短绳套 然后接着绕几圈 一圈 两圈 三圈
Let's go through the last two loops.
再把线头穿过最后两个绳圈
Over the first, and back down the hole,and then tighten it up.
缠过第一个绳圈 再从这个洞拉出来 然后再拉紧就行了
The tide's coming in fast, but there's still work to do.Need to get a wiggle on with this.
潮水涨的很快 但还有很多工作没完成 得加快速度了
We'll just use these,one each side, to act as the longitudinal strength to this,
我们还要用这些 分别放于两侧 加固纵向结构
and that'll stop it wobbling.And finally this length of corrugated iron.
筏就不会左右摇晃了 最后放一块波形铁皮
Put this across the back,something to sit on.
把这个放在后面 这就有了坐的地方
We used to have a sergeant in the army who used to say:No prizes being uncomfortable.
我在军队服役时有个中士说过 弄舒服点总是没错的
If you got it, you might as well use it.
如果手上有这东西 一定要善加利用
Just break this end off,attach it to make a bit of a paddle.
把这段折断 系起来做个划桨
People often think that survival's about knowing the right knots or reading the right books,
人们都以为野外生存的要领在于 会打结 看对书
but actually, my view of survival is-- good survival is about a determination never to give up and then an ability to improvise,
但我对于野外生存的看法是 要有永不放弃的决心 然后要有随机应变的能力
to think outside the box about how you're gonna get out of somewhere in one piece.
跳出固有思维模式 想好如何安然脱身