I think I would say that the universe has a purpose.
我想我会说宇宙有个目的
It's not somehow just there by chance.I think it's...Yeah.So.it's.it's.
它不是偶然地莫名其妙地存在 我想它是 那么的 它是
Some people, I think, take the view that the universe is just there
我想有些人会持这么一种观点 宇宙就在那
and it sort of runs and runs, and it just sort of computes
它只是不停地运行
and we happen somehow by accident to find ourselves in this thing.
我们偶然发现了我们身处其中
But I don't think that's a very fruitful or helpful way of looking at the universe.
但我觉得这不是一种 正确的看待宇宙的方式
I think that there is something much deeper about it.
我认为宇宙有更深层次的东西
In real time, the time in which we live the universe has two possible destinies:
在实时间中 就是我们所生活的这种时间 宇宙有两种可能的命运
It may continue to expand forever or it may recollapse and come to an end at the Big Crunch.
它可能永远继续扩张 或者 它可能在大收缩中 再次坍缩 最终结束
It would be rather like the Big Bang but in reverse.
这与大爆炸相当类似 但过程相反
I now believe that the universe will come to an end at the Big Crunch.
现在我相信宇宙最终会在 大收缩中结束
I do, however, have certain advantages over many other prophets of doom.
然而 我确实 比其他厄运先知更占优势
Whatever happens ten billion years from now I don't expect to be around to be proved wrong.
无论一百亿年之后会发生什么 我都不希望被证明是错误的