手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 勃朗特一家的故事(第3级) > 正文

勃朗特一家的故事 第1期:霍沃斯(1)

来源:可可英语 编辑:alice   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

1 Haworth

1 霍沃斯
There was a cold wind this afternoon,but the sun shone for an hour or two.
尽管今天下午刮起一阵寒风,太阳还是出来了一两个小时。
I walked out on the moors behind the house.
我漫步在屋后的荒野上,
The sheep were hiding from the wind under the stone walls,and there were grey clouds over the hills to the west.
羊群躲在石墙下避风,乌云笼罩着山顶,向西而去。
It is only November,but I could smell snow in the air.
刚刚才11月份,空气中就已经可以嗅到雪的气息了。
It will be a cold winter,this year of 1855.
今年--1855年的冬天将会很冷。
My name is Patrick Bronte,and I am 78 years old.
我叫帕特里克.勃朗特,已经78岁了。
I am the rector of the village of Haworth.
我在霍沃斯做乡村牧师。
Haworth is a village of small,grey stone houses on the side of a hill in the north of England,
霍沃斯是英格兰北部一座小山边的一个村子,那儿有一些灰色石头砌成的小房子。
and I live in a house at the top of the hill,next to the church and the graveyard.
我住在山顶的一栋房子里,隔壁是教堂和墓地。
I walked through the graveyard to the church this afternoon.
今天下午,我步行穿过墓地去教堂。
All my family except Anne are buried there.
除了安妮,我的一家都葬在这里。
The wind had blown some dead leaves through the door into the church,
冷风卷起了一些枯叶,把它们从教堂的大门吹了进来,
and I watched them dancing in the sunlight near the grave.
我注视着它们在墓地旁的阳光中上下飞舞。
Soon I shall be in that grave with my wife and children,under the cold grey stone and dancing leaves.
要不了多久我也会躺在这个墓地中,在这冰冷的灰色石头和纷飞的落叶下,同我的妻子和孩子们长眠在一起。
It is dark outside now,and it is very quiet in this house.
这时外面黑了下来,整幢房子非常安静。
Charlotte's husband,Mr Nicholls,is reading in his room,and our servant is cooking in the kitchen.
夏洛蒂的丈夫尼科尔斯先生,正在自己的房间里看书,我们的用人正在厨房做饭。
Only the three of us live here now.It is very quiet.
这儿只有我们三个人,真是太安静了!
I can hear the sounds of the wood burning in the fire,and the big clock on the stairs.
我能听见木柴在炉火中燃烧的声音和楼梯上大钟的嘀哒声。
There is another sound too-the sound of the wind outside.
还有另一种声音--那就是屋外风的吼叫。
The wind has many voices.
风有着各种各样的声音,
It sings and laughs and shouts to itself all night long.
它总是整宿整宿地笑呀,哭呀,喊呀。
Last night it cried like a little child,
而昨夜它呜咽得像个孩子。
and I got out of bed and went to the window to listen.
我下了床,走近窗边侧耳细听。
There was no child,of course.
当然不会有孩子,
Only the wind and the grave-stones,cold in the pale moonlight.
只有风和苍白月光下冰冷的墓碑。
But I decided then that I would write the story of my children,today,before it is too late.
然而我还是决定就在今天,趁还没有太晚,写写我的孩子们的故事。
Charlotte's friend,Mrs Gaskell,is writing a book about her,and perhaps she will want to read my story.
夏洛蒂的朋友盖斯凯尔夫人正在写一部关于夏洛蒂的书,也许她会愿意读读我的故事。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
except [ik'sept]

想一想再看

vt. 除,除外
prep. & conj.

联想记忆
kitchen ['kitʃin]

想一想再看

n. 厨房,(全套)炊具,灶间

 
grave [greiv]

想一想再看

n. 坟墓,墓穴
adj. 严肃的,严重的,庄

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。