1、get around
克服,解决(问题或困难)
None of these countries has found a way yet to get around the problem of the polarization of wealth.
这些国家都还没有找到办法来解决贫富分化的问题。
规避,避开(法律或规章)
Although tobacco ads are prohibited, companies get around the ban by sponsoring music shows.
虽然严禁为烟草做广告,但一些烟草公司却通过赞助音乐会来打擦边球。
(消息等)传开,散播出去
They threw him out because word got around that he was taking drugs.
由于有传言说他吸毒,他们把他解雇了。
I'll see that it gets round that you've arrived.
我一定保证让大家知道你到了。
2、come up
走近;走到跟前
Her cat came up and rubbed itself against their legs.
她的猫跑上前来,在他们腿上蹭来蹭去。
He came up to me and said: 'Come on, John.'
他走到我跟前说:“快点,约翰。”
被提及;被讨论
The subject came up during a pre-dinner drink with our guests.
在与客人喝餐前酒的时候,有人提到了这个话题。
Jeane Kirkpatrick's name has come up a lot.
珍妮·柯克帕特里克的名字被多次提到。
即将发生;即将到来
Plan your activities so that you are rested and refreshed when something important is coming up.
做好日常规划,这样一旦发生大事,才能够从容不迫。
We do have elections coming up.
我们的确将要进行选举。