手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语演讲 > TED十佳演讲话题 > 正文

TED十佳演讲之心灵的世界:这个世界需要各种心智(6)

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Another thing that can be very, very, very successful is

另外一件将会是非常非常成功的事情就是
there is a lot of people that may have retired from working in the software industry, and they can teach your kid.
我们国家有很多很多从软件行业退休的人,他们可以教孩子
And it doesn't matter if what they teach them is old,
即使他们教的内容是陈旧的
because what you're doing is you're lighting the spark.
重要的是,他们在开启孩子的心智
You're getting that kid turned on.
他们可以为孩子打开崭新的世界
And you get him turned on, then he'll learn all the new stuff.
孩子知道世界如此精彩之后,他们就会主动的去学习新的东西
Mentors are just essential.
所以说,导师是至关重要的
I cannot emphasize enough what my science teacher did for me.
这话再强调也不为过,我最值得感谢的就是我的导师
And we've got to mentor them, hire them.
这些孩子也需要这样的导师,我们需要招募这类人
And if you bring them in for internships in your companies,
假如你的公司招聘一些
the thing about the autism, Asperger-y kind of mind,
有自闭症的孩子来实习
you've got to give them a specific task. Don't just say, "Design new software."
你要给他们安排具体的工作,不要说,给我做个软件
You've got to tell them something a lot more specific:
你要把需求的细节说清楚
"Well, we're designing a software for a phone and it has to do some specific thing.
“我们正在设计一款手机软件,我们需要这些功能
And it can only use so much memory."
并且我们的手机内存只有这么多。”
That's the kind of specificity you need.
需要这样的细化
Well, that's the end of my talk.
好,我的演讲就到此结束了
And I just want to thank everybody for coming.
感谢大家参与
It was great to be here.
来到这里我感到非常高兴

这个世界需要各种心智

Oh, you've got a question for me? OK.

噢,你有问题吗?好吧
Thank you so much for that.
非常感谢您的分享
You know, you once wrote, I like this quote,
记得你曾经这么写过,我非常喜欢这句话
"If by some magic, autism had been eradicated from the face of the Earth,
“假如有一天,自闭症可以借助神力从地球上消失
then men would still be socializing in front of a wood fire at the entrance to a cave."
人类还是会在洞穴入口处进行篝火聚会。”
Because who do you think made the first stone spears?
你认为是谁制作了第一件的石矛?
The Asperger guy. And if you were to get rid of all the autism genetics
是一个自闭症的男人。假如所有的自闭症基因都消失了
there would be no more Silicon Valley, and the energy crisis would not be solved.
也许就不会有硅谷了,能源危机也不可能获得解决
So, I want to ask you a couple other questions,
我还想问几个问题
and if any of these feel inappropriate, it's okay just to say, "Next question."
假如你觉得它们不合适,你可以不回答,你可以直接说“下一个”
But if there is someone here who has an autistic child,
假如这里有人的孩子是有自闭症的
or knows an autistic child and feels kind of cut off from them,
或者他们认识这样的孩子,并且感到自己跟孩子有一段鸿沟
what advice would you give them?
你会给他们什么建议?
Well, first of all, you've got to look at age.
首先你得看年龄
If you have a two, three or four year old you know, no speech, no social interaction,
假如是两到四岁的话并且他们不会讲话不会与人打交道
I can't emphasize enough:
那我认为必须每周花20个小时进行一对一的训练
Don't wait, you need at least 20 hours a week of one-to-one teaching.
这点是决定必要的
You know, the thing is, autism comes in different degrees.
因为自闭症也是分不同程度的
There's going to be about half the people on the spectrum that are not going to learn to talk,
有一半人他们可能不会说话
and they're not going to be working Silicon Valley, that would not be a reasonable thing for them to do.
他们也许不会到硅谷工作,因为那对于他们而言也不甚合适
But then you get the smart, geeky kids that have a touch of autism,
但是对于那些非常聪明的孩子,他们同时又有自闭症
and that's where you've got to get them turned on with doing interesting things.
你就必须唤起他们的兴趣,让他们做有趣的事情
I got social interaction through shared interest.
因为我跟别人有共同的兴趣,我就可以跟别人有接触
I rode horses with other kids, I made model rockets with other kids, did electronics lab with other kids,
可以跟别的孩子一起骑马,跟别的孩子一起制作火箭模型,跟他们一起制作电子实验室
and in the '60s, it was gluing mirrors onto a rubber membrane on a speaker to make a light show.
在1960年代,那就是在橡胶模上粘上镜子,放到扩音器上,就开始我们的灯光秀
That was like, we considered that super cool.
我们那时候认为这是非常酷的

重点单词   查看全部解释    
rubber ['rʌbə]

想一想再看

n. 橡胶,橡皮,橡胶制品
adj. 橡胶的

联想记忆
smart [smɑ:t]

想一想再看

adj. 聪明的,时髦的,漂亮的,敏捷的,轻快的,整洁的

 
genetics [dʒi'netiks]

想一想再看

n. 遗传学

联想记忆
inappropriate [.inə'prəupriit]

想一想再看

adj. 不适当的,不相称的

联想记忆
interaction [.intə'rækʃən]

想一想再看

n. 相互作用,相互影响,互动交流

联想记忆
social ['səuʃəl]

想一想再看

adj. 社会的,社交的
n. 社交聚会

 
essential [i'senʃəl]

想一想再看

n. 要素,要点
adj. 必要的,重要的,本

联想记忆
specific [spi'sifik]

想一想再看

adj. 特殊的,明确的,具有特效的
n. 特

联想记忆
spark [spɑ:k]

想一想再看

n. 火花,朝气,情人,俗丽的年轻人
vi.

 
reasonable ['ri:znəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 合理的,适度的,通情达理的

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。