One can fall through this event horizon without feeling anything, without noticing it.
人在穿越视界时 不会感觉到异样 甚至不知道自己穿越了视界
After about a week of falling, one begins to feel the pinch
大约一周的坠落之后 人会觉得自己被什么东西捏着
and one extends longer and longer and gets slightly thinner.
变得越来越长 而且稍稍变瘦
And, of course, one begins to get squeezed until one gets very long and very thin and rather nasty.
接下来 当然 他开始被挤扁 直到他变得又细又长 让人看不下去
By the end of two weeks,one's fallen right into the center and is, of course, dead.
大概在第二个周末 他已经落入了黑洞的中心 而且必死无疑
Before you lose sight of the outer world
当外面的世界渐渐从你的视野中消失的时候
you would see things happening and see them at a greater rate so that it would look like a firework display.
你能看到未来的事情发生 而且进行的越来越快 看起来就像电影胶片
The frustration would be that, although you would be able to see
不过令人沮丧的是 尽管你能看见
everything that happens in the future, it would be going so fast
未来的事情一件件发生在你眼前 但是它们发生得太快
that from a scientific point of view, you'd have no time to analyze it.
以至于 科学地来说 你根本没时间你分析它们
You wouldn't be able to take it in.
甚至来不及看清楚
Eventually things would be going off so fast and it would be so explosive that you yourself would be
最后事情会进行得飞快 爆炸的力量也越来越强
destroyed by the explosion, and that would be the end.
最终你被爆炸撕裂 然后一切都没有了
But it would be a very exciting way to end one's life.
如果能以这么种方式结束自己的生命 想想还很激动呢
It would be the way I would choose if I had the choice.
说真的 如果有得选 我肯定会这样
In the long history of the universe many stars must have burned up their nuclear fuel and collapsed in on themselves.
在宇宙的漫长历史中 许多恒星都用尽了核反应燃料 最后坍缩成一团
The number of black holes may be greater than the number of visible stars
实际上黑洞的数量 也许要大于可见的恒星
which totals about a hundred thousand million in our galaxy alone.
一共约有1000亿个黑洞 这还只算了我们银河系而已
We also have evidence that there is a very large black hole at the center of our own galaxy.
我们也得到一些证据 证据表明在我们的星系中心 有一个无比巨大的黑洞