My plan is to make a fire using a method
我准备用一种自人类取火伊始
that's been around for as long as man has been making fire the hand drill.
就使用的取火方法 钻木取火
No matches, no flints, just two bits of wood.
不用火柴 打火石 只用两根木棍
It's even smoother once you've got the bigger bits off.
等你把上面的树杈削掉 它就会变得光滑一些
It's just to use some of this gravel,put it in your shirt,lay this in it,and it works like sandpaper.
我等下要用到这些碎石 把它们放在衬衣里 把树枝放进去 它起的作用和砂纸一样
Okay, that's then the spindle, made nice and smooth.
好了 钻杆已经变得很光滑了
And then, for the base,we just use the end of this solto.
然后 钻板 就从这根木棍上弄一截就行了
Make a small well in the base, called the hearth,
在钻板上挖个小洞 叫做火床
then carve a notch in the side to allow the embers to fall out.
然后在边缘刻一个小槽 让余烬可以倒出来
Just gonna use this bit of bone, as well,as an ember pan to put underneath this hearth.
我们还要用这片骸骨 来接余烬 把它放在火床下面
And so much of fire is about just good preparation.
要生火 就得做好准备工作
Plan it well,and hopefully it will work first time.
做足准备 希望我能一次成功
Okay, that's the rough shape of it,and then what you want is just a tiny, little pinch of sand,
好了 弄成这样就大差不大了 接下来 在放一点沙子进去
and that's gonna add a little bit more friction when you're spinning the spindle.
这是为了在你转钻杆的时候 增加一些摩擦力