手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 公开课 > 斯坦福大学《创业与企业发展》 > 正文

创业与企业发展(视频+MP3+中英字幕) 第29期:解雇员工

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • Uh, Dan Pink talks about these three things
  • 丹·品克谈到三件事情
  • that motivate people to do great work, autonomy, autonomy, mastery and purpose.
  • 可以激发人们把工作做得很棒,即自主,熟练和目标
  • Um, I never thought about that when I was running my company, but I've thought about it since.
  • 我在管理自己的公司时从未想过这些,但这之后我就开始考虑
  • And I think that's actually right, and I think it's worth trying to think about that.
  • 我认为这很正确,很值得考虑
  • Um, it also took me a while to learn to do things like one and ones and give clear feedback.
  • 我也花了一些时间从小处做起,给员工分配职责,然后给出清楚的反馈
  • All of these things that first time CEOs just don't do, uh, until they get burned a few times.
  • 初次创业者通常在事情恶化之后才开始学习这样做
  • But maybe, maybe I can save you from doing that.
  • 听我的话,可以让你不重蹈覆辙
  • All right. And the last part on the team section uh, is about firing people when it's not working.
  • 好的。团队方面的最后一个部分就是关于解雇那些没有用的人
  • Um, no matter what I say here,
  • 不管我在这说了什么
  • this is not gonna prevent anyone from doing it wrong.
  • 你们今后还是会犯类似的错误
  • And the reason is that firing people is one of the worst parts of running a company.
  • 原因就是,解雇员工是管理公司中最难的一部分
  • Um, actually in my own experience I think it is the worst.
  • 实际上,以我的经验来看,我觉得这是最难的一件事
  • Uh, every first time founder waits too long.
  • 每位初次创业者都等得太久
  • Everyone hopes that an employee will turn around.
  • 他们都希望员工能够转变
  • But the right answer is to fire fast when it's not working out.
  • 但正确的做法是尽快解雇那些没什么用的员工
  • Um, It's better for the company.
  • 这样做是为公司好
  • It's also better for the employee.
  • 同样也是为员工着想
  • But it's so painful and so awful that everyone gets it wrong the first few times.
  • 但这个过程是很痛苦的,因此每个人在最开始的几次都会犯错
  • Um, in addition to firing people who are doing bad at their job.
  • 除了解雇那些工作做得不好的员工
  • You also wanna fire people who A, create an office politics, and B, who were persistently negative.
  • 你也要解雇那些建立办公室政治或者持续消极的人
  • Um, the rest of the company is always aware of employees doing things like this.
  • 公司剩下的人会被这样的员工影响
  • And it's just this huge drag, it's completely toxic to the company.
  • 他们会拖后腿,对公司来说完全就是毒药
  • Ah, again, this is an example of something that might work okay in a big company,
  • 再次强调,这个例子可能在大公司里没啥问题
  • although I'm still skeptical.
  • 尽管我仍然怀疑这一点
  • But will kill a startup.
  • 但这些人最终会拖垮创业公司
  • So I think you need to watch out for people that are, yes?
  • 所以我觉得你需要警惕这些人,请讲
  • How do you balance firing people fast,
  • 在快速解雇一些员工时,
  • and making your other employees feel like they're secure even if they screw up sometimes?
  • 怎样才能让其他有时会搞砸事情的员工不会觉得不安?
  • Cuz you don't want them to feel like they're out the door on the first mistake.
  • 因为你不想让他们觉得,只要犯了一次错误就会被开除
  • So the question is how do you balance firing people fast and making the early employees feel secure?
  • 好的,这个问题是如何在解雇他人的同时让早期员工不会感到不安?
  • Um, the answer is the, when an employee is not working,
  • 答案是,判断一个员工是否该解雇
  • it's not like they screw up once or twice.
  • 不是根据他们搞砸一两次
  • Um, anyone will screw up once or twice, or more times than that.
  • 每个人都会犯一两次错,或比这更多
  • Ah, and, you know, you should be like very loving, not take it out on them.
  • 你应该关心员工,不要对他们发火
  • Like, be a teamwork together.
  • 要像一个团队
  • Ah, if someone is getting every decision wrong, that's when you need to act.
  • 如果某人成事不足败事有余,这个时候你就要采取行动了
  • And at that point, it'll, it'll be painfully aware to everyone.
  • 这个时候其他员工也会清楚地意识到
  • It's not a case of the few screw ups.
  • 这并不是搞砸几次的问题
  • It's a case where every time someone does something you would've done the opposite yourself.
  • 而是这个人每次做的都与你的想法背道而驰
  • You don't get to make their decisions, but you do get to choose the decision makers.
  • 你不会为员工的分内工作做决定,但是你可以选择做决定的人
  • And if someone's doing everything wrong uh,
  • 如果某人每件事都做错
  • just like a consistent thing over like a period of many weeks or a month.
  • 比如连续不断,在许多周或一个月都是如此
  • You'll be aware of it.
  • 你就得注意了
  • This is one of those cases where in theory it sounds complicated to be sure what you're talking about.
  • 理论上,这听起来很复杂,也许有点让人不知所措
  • And in practice there's almost never any doubt.
  • 实际上,这几乎是毋庸置疑的
  • It's the difference between someone making one or two mistakes and just constantly screwing everything up,
  • 这是只犯一两次错和接连搞砸事情,
  • or causing problems, or making everyone unhappy is, is painfully obvious the first time you see it.
  • 或带来问题,或让大家不高兴之间的不同,第一次遇到时虽然令人不好受,但却很明显


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

本节课主要讲了团队和执行两大方面。首先,从合伙人、尽量少招人、招到最好的人、股份分配四个方面论述了团队。在寻找合伙人方面,尽量找熟知的合伙人,从同行里找到优秀的合伙人,有两三个合伙人是最好的。其次,员工越多不一定越好。早创业初期尽量少招人,减少成本。再次,要为自己的公司找最优秀的人才。最好找与你一样相信公司的人,并符合你期待的人,而且你要熟悉每个你雇佣的人。最后,要以期权的形式分配股份。股份的分配最好在公司建立之初就和合伙人协商好。在执行方面,首先要清楚自己要做什么,其次就是是否能完成。如果你知道自己要做什么,剩下的就是专注和保持增长势头。要在许多事情中选出自己觉得最重要的做,而不是漫无目的,并且要让整个公司都清楚目标。保持增长势头可以鼓舞士气,保持信心,一切问题都可以引刃而解。最后,要无视你的竞者,不要让他们破坏你的增长势头。


重点单词   查看全部解释    
addition [ə'diʃən]

想一想再看

n. 增加,附加物,加法

联想记忆
autonomy [ɔ:'tɔnəmi]

想一想再看

n. 自治,自治权,自主

联想记忆
decision [di'siʒən]

想一想再看

n. 决定,决策

 
consistent [kən'sistənt]

想一想再看

adj. 始终如一的,一致的,坚持的

联想记忆
prevent [pri'vent]

想一想再看

v. 预防,防止

联想记忆
obvious ['ɔbviəs]

想一想再看

adj. 明显的,显然的

联想记忆
skeptical ['skeptikəl]

想一想再看

adj. 怀疑的

联想记忆
motivate ['məutiveit]

想一想再看

vt. 给与动机,激发(兴趣或欲望)

联想记忆
secure [si'kjuə]

想一想再看

adj. 安全的,牢靠的,稳妥的
vt. 固定

联想记忆
toxic ['tɔksik]

想一想再看

adj. 有毒的
n. 有毒物质

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。