手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 公开课 > 斯坦福大学《创业与企业发展》 > 正文

创业与企业发展(视频+MP3+中英字幕) 第29期:解雇员工

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Uh, Dan Pink talks about these three things that

丹·品克谈到三件事情
motivate people to do great work, autonomy, autonomy, mastery and purpose.
可以激发人们把工作做得很棒,即自主,熟练和目标
Um, I never thought about that when I was running my company, but I've thought about it since.
我在管理自己的公司时从未想过这些,但这之后我就开始考虑
And I think that's actually right, and I think it's worth trying to think about that.
我认为这很正确,很值得考虑
Um, it also took me a while to learn to do things like one and ones and give clear feedback.
我也花了一些时间从小处做起,给员工分配职责,然后给出清楚的反馈
All of these things that first time CEOs just don't do, uh, until they get burned a few times.
初次创业者通常在事情恶化之后才开始学习这样做
But maybe, maybe I can save you from doing that.
听我的话,可以让你不重蹈覆辙
All right.
好的
And the last part on the team section uh, is about firing people when it's not working.
团队方面的最后一个部分就是关于解雇那些没有用的人

创业与企业发展

Um, no matter what I say here,

不管我在这说了什么
this is not gonna prevent anyone from doing it wrong.
你们今后还是会犯类似的错误
And the reason is that firing people is one of the worst parts of running a company.
原因就是,解雇员工是管理公司中最难的一部分
Um, actually in my own experience I think it is the worst.
实际上,以我的经验来看,我觉得这是最难的一件事
Uh, every first time founder waits too long.
每位初次创业者都等得太久
Everyone hopes that an employee will turn around.
他们都希望员工能够转变
But the right answer is to fire fast when it's not working out.
但正确的做法是尽快解雇那些没什么用的员工
Um, It's better for the company.
这样做是为公司好
It's also better for the employee.
同样也是为员工着想
But it's so painful and so awful that everyone gets it wrong the first few times.
但这个过程是很痛苦的,因此每个人在最开始的几次都会犯错
Um, in addition to firing people who are doing bad at their job.
除了解雇那些工作做得不好的员工
You also wanna fire people who A, create an office politics, and B, who were persistently negative.
你也要解雇那些建立办公室政治或者持续消极的人
Um, the rest of the company is always aware of employees doing things like this.
公司剩下的人会被这样的员工影响
And it's just this huge drag, it's completely toxic to the company.
他们会拖后腿,对公司来说完全就是毒药
Ah, again, this is an example of something that might work okay in a big company,
再次强调,这个例子可能在大公司里没啥问题
although I'm still skeptical.
尽管我仍然怀疑这一点
But will kill a startup.
但这些人最终会拖垮创业公司
So I think you need to watch out for people that are, yes?
所以我觉得你需要警惕这些人,请讲
How do you balance firing people fast,
在快速解雇一些员工时,
and making your other employees feel like they're secure even if they screw up sometimes?
怎样才能让其他有时会搞砸事情的员工不会觉得不安?
Cuz you don't want them to feel like they're out the door on the first mistake.
因为你不想让他们觉得,只要犯了一次错误就会被开除
Yeah, sure. So the question is how do you fi,
好的,这个问题是
balance firing people fast and making the early employees feel secure?
如何在解雇他人的同时让早期员工不会感到不安?
Um, the answer is the, when an employee is not working,
答案是,判断一个员工是否该解雇
it's not like they screw up once or twice.
不是根据他们搞砸一两次
Um, anyone will screw up once or twice, or more times than that.
每个人都会犯一两次错,或比这更多
Ah, and, you know, you should be like very loving, not take it out on them.
你应该关心员工,不要对他们发火
Like, be a teamwork together.
要像一个团队
Ah, if someone is getting every decision wrong, that's when you need to act.
如果某人成事不足败事有余,这个时候你就要采取行动了
And at that point, it'll, it'll be painfully aware to everyone.
这个时候其他员工也会清楚地意识到
It's not a case of the few screw ups.
这并不是搞砸几次的问题
It's a case where every time someone does something you would've done the opposite yourself.
而是这个人每次做的都与你的想法背道而驰
You don't get to make their decisions, but you do get to choose the decision makers.
你不会为员工的分内工作做决定,但是你可以选择做决定的人
And if someone's doing everything wrong uh,
如果某人每件事都做错
just like a consistent thing over like a period of many weeks or a month.
比如连续不断,在许多周或一个月都是如此
You'll be aware of it.
你就得注意了
This is one of those cases where in theory it sounds complicated to be sure what you're talking about.
理论上,这听起来很复杂,也许有点让人不知所措
And in practice there's almost never any doubt.
实际上,这几乎是毋庸置疑的
It's the difference between someone making one or two mistakes and just constantly screwing everything up,
这是只犯一两次错和接连搞砸事情,
or causing problems, or making everyone unhappy is, is painfully obvious the first time you see it.
或带来问题,或让大家不高兴之间的不同,第一次遇到时虽然令人不好受,但却很明显

重点单词   查看全部解释    
addition [ə'diʃən]

想一想再看

n. 增加,附加物,加法

联想记忆
autonomy [ɔ:'tɔnəmi]

想一想再看

n. 自治,自治权,自主

联想记忆
decision [di'siʒən]

想一想再看

n. 决定,决策

 
consistent [kən'sistənt]

想一想再看

adj. 始终如一的,一致的,坚持的

联想记忆
prevent [pri'vent]

想一想再看

v. 预防,防止

联想记忆
obvious ['ɔbviəs]

想一想再看

adj. 明显的,显然的

联想记忆
skeptical ['skeptikəl]

想一想再看

adj. 怀疑的

联想记忆
motivate ['məutiveit]

想一想再看

vt. 给与动机,激发(兴趣或欲望)

联想记忆
secure [si'kjuə]

想一想再看

adj. 安全的,牢靠的,稳妥的
vt. 固定

联想记忆
toxic ['tɔksik]

想一想再看

adj. 有毒的
n. 有毒物质

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。