您现在的位置:
首页 >
英语听力 >
公开课 >
斯坦福大学《创业与企业发展》 >
正文
- And most uh, first time founders are very bad interviewers.
- 大部分初次创业者都不怎么会面试
- But very good at evaluating someone after they've worked together.
- 但在和人共事后就会变得擅长评估一个人
- So one of the pieces that we give advice,
- 所以我们给出的一条建议
- one of the pieces of advice that we give at YC is,
- 我们在YC给出的一条建议是
- try to work together on a project rather than just doing an interview.
- 和候选人合作一个项目来代替面试
- Um, if you are gonna interview, which you'll probably do as well,
- 如果你要面试,有时不可避免要面试
- you should ask specifically about projects that someone has done in the past.
- 那你应该针对面试者过去所做项目问一些问题
- Um, you'll learn a lot more than you will with brain teasers.
- 比起脑筋急转弯,这将让你学到更多
- For some reason, young technical founders love to ask brain teaser questions
- 由于某些原因,年轻的技术创业者喜欢问脑筋急转弯问题
- Really dig into projects people have worked on and call references.
- 要深挖面试者做过的项目,还可以给推荐人打电话
- Ah, that is another thing that first time founders like to skip.
- 这是另一件头回创业的创业者会忽略的事
- Um, you want to call some people uh, that these people have worked with in the past.
- 你给候选人的推荐人打电话
- And then when you do, you don't just want to ask like how was so and so.
- 此时不要只问“某某某怎么样啊?”
- Like you really want to dig in, like is this person in the top 5% of people you've ever worked with?
- 你得深度挖掘,比如这个人是否能在你共事过的人中排到前5%?
- What specifically did they do?
- 他们的专长是什么?
- Would you hire them again?
- 你会再次雇佣他们吗?
- Like why, why, why aren't you trying to hire them again?
- 还有为什么,为什么你不想再雇佣他们呢?
- Um, you really have to press on, on these reference calls.
- 你得在这些通话中不断向前推进
- Um, another thing that I've noticed from talking to a lot of YC companies,
- 与许多YC孵化的公司谈话,我注意到的另外一件事是
- is that good communication skills tend to correlate really well with hires that work out.
- 是否有良好的沟通技巧与招到的人最终能否胜任工作有很大关系
- Um, I used to not pay attention to this.
- 我以前没有注意到这方面
- We're gonna talk more about why communication is so important in an early startup.
- 我们会在之后更多地谈谈为什么沟通在早期创业中是如此重要
- If someone is difficult to talk to, if someone cannot communicate clearly uh,
- 如果某人很难沟通,如果某人不能清楚地表达
- it's a real problem in terms of their likelihood to work out.
- 那他就很可能不适合这份工作
- Also for early employees you want people that have somewhat of a risk taking attitude.
- 对早期的员工来说,需要具备承担风险的态度
- Uh, you, you generally get this or they wouldn't be interested in a startup.
- 必须要找这样的人,不愿承担风险的人对创业其实不感兴趣
- But now that startups are sort of more in fashion um,
- 但现在创业也成为趋势
- you, you want people that actually sort of like a little bit of risk.
- 你要用那些喜欢冒险的人
- If someone's choosing between like McKinsey and joining your startup, very unlikely that,
- 如果有人纠结于选麦肯锡还是你的公司
- that person's going to work out at the startup.
- 这个人很可能不适合创业公司
- Uh, you also want people who are maniacally determined.
- 你也需要异常坚定的人
- And that is slightly different than having a risk tolerant attitude,
- 这与愿意冒险的态度有些许不同
- so you really should be looking for both.
- 所以你要寻找符合这两种情况的人
- By the way, people are welcome to interrupt me with questions, as stuff comes up.
- 顺带一提,大家有什么疑惑都可以打断我,问问题
扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练
本节课主要讲了团队和执行两大方面。首先,从合伙人、尽量少招人、招到最好的人、股份分配四个方面论述了团队。在寻找合伙人方面,尽量找熟知的合伙人,从同行里找到优秀的合伙人,有两三个合伙人是最好的。其次,员工越多不一定越好。早创业初期尽量少招人,减少成本。再次,要为自己的公司找最优秀的人才。最好找与你一样相信公司的人,并符合你期待的人,而且你要熟悉每个你雇佣的人。最后,要以期权的形式分配股份。股份的分配最好在公司建立之初就和合伙人协商好。在执行方面,首先要清楚自己要做什么,其次就是是否能完成。如果你知道自己要做什么,剩下的就是专注和保持增长势头。要在许多事情中选出自己觉得最重要的做,而不是漫无目的,并且要让整个公司都清楚目标。保持增长势头可以鼓舞士气,保持信心,一切问题都可以引刃而解。最后,要无视你的竞者,不要让他们破坏你的增长势头。
来源:可可英语 //www.utensil-race.com/Article/201603/432624.shtml