手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 公开课 > 斯坦福大学《创业与企业发展》 > 正文

创业与企业发展(视频+MP3+中英字幕) 第23期:雇佣员工

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Okay, the second part of how to hire.

好的,第二个部分就是如何雇佣
Um, try not to.
尽量不要雇佣人
So one of the weird things that you'll notice if
如果你开一家公司
you start a company is that everyone asks you how many employees you have.
你会注意到一件奇怪的事情,那就是每个人都会问你你有多少员工
And this is the metric people use to sort of judge how real your start up is and how cool you are.
这是人们用来评判你的事业有多大以及你有多了不起的标准
Um, and if you say you have a high number of employees, they're really impressed.
如果你说你有许多员工,他们就会认为你很厉害
And if you say you have a low number of employees
如果你说你的员工很少
then, then you sound like sort of this little joke.
那么你就太失败了
Um, but actually it sucks to have a lot of employees and you should be proud of how few employees you can have.
但实际上员工太多也不好,你应该为你尽可能少的员工感到骄傲

创业与企业发展

Lots of employees ends up with things like a high burn rate,

许多员工最后会造成严重损耗
meaning that you're losing a lot of money every month, complexity, tension, slow decision making.
也就是说你每个月会支出许多钱,造成协调复杂,关系紧张,决策速度慢…
The list goes on but it's nothing good.
还有其他坏处,没有一个好处
So you want to, you want to be proud of how much you can get done with a small number of employees.
所以你要为少量的员工也能把工作做好感到自豪
Um, many of the best YC companies have had
YC孵化的许多优秀的公司
phenomenally small number of employees for the first year, sometimes none besides the founders.
在第一年都只拥有很少的员工,有些公司除了合伙人就没有其他人了
Um, they really try to stay small as long as they possibly can.
他们的确尽可能地把自己的员工规模缩到最小
At the beginning, you should only hire when you have the desperate need to.
最开始,你应该只雇佣你最需要的人
Later you need to learn how to hire fast to scale up the company.
之后你要学习如何快速雇佣,扩大公司规模
But in the early days uh, the goal should be not to hire, not too higher.
但在早期,你的目标应该是不要雇佣太多的人
And one of the reasons this is so bad is that the cost of getting a early hire wrong is really high.
招人太多不利的一个原因是早期招到“坑爹货”所带来的影响真的很大
Um, in fact a lot of the companies that I have been
实际上我曾孵化过一些公司
very involved with that have had a very bad first hire in the first three or
它们都因在早期的雇佣中,开始雇的两三个人都不好
so employees never recover from it.
而最终没法恢复元气
It just kills the company.
因此而关门
Um, Airbnb spent five months interviewing their first employee before they hired someone.
在雇佣第一个员工前,爱本卜花了5个月的时间对其进行面试
And in their first year they only hired two people.
在他们的第一年,他们只雇了两个人
Um, before they hired a single person they,
在雇佣一个人之前
they wrote down a list of the cultural values that they wanted any Airbnb employee to have.
他们列出了他们想要的任何一名爱本卜员工应有的文化价值观
One of those was that you had to bleed Airbnb.
其中一个就是必须为爱本卜流血奋斗
And if you didn't sort of agree to that they just wouldn't hire you.
如果你不同意这一点,他们就不会雇佣你
Um, as an example of how intense Brian Chesky is, he's there being CEO.
一个关于布赖恩·切斯科执着的例子是,他现在是CEO
Um, he used to ask people before he hired them at Airbnb,
他在雇佣员工之前常问他们
if they would take the job if they got a medical diagnosis that they got one year left to live.
如果诊断他们的生命只剩下一年的时间,那么他们是否还会接受这份工作
Um, he wanted them to be that committed.
他想要员工全心全意投入
Later he decided that, that was like a little too crazy.
后来他意识到这有点太疯狂了
Um, and I think he relaxed it to ten years.
他好像把时间放宽到10年
But last I heard, he still asks that question.
但最近我听说,他仍然在问这个问题
Um, but like, you know, these hires really matter.
但这样雇人的确有作用
These people are what go on to define your company.
这些人是继续定义你公司的人
And so you need people that believe in it almost as much as you do.
因此你需要和你一样相信公司的人
And it sounds like a crazy thing to ask,
他问的问题听起来有些疯狂
but he's gotten this culture of extremely dedicated people.
但他的确俘获了一群非常专注的员工
Um, that come together when the company faces a crisis.
当公司面临危机时,大家众志成城
Uh, and when the company faced a big crisis early on,
之前公司面临一次大危机
everyone in the company lived in the office,
公司的每位员工住在办公室
and they shipped product everyday until the crisis was over.
他们每天销售产品,直到他们度过危机
One of the remarkable observations about Airbnb is if you talk to any of the first, say 40 or 50 employees,
关于爱本卜的一个典型现象是,如果你和最先进入公司的40或50个员工谈话
they all feel like they're a part of the founding of the company.
他们都觉得他们是公司的“开山人”
Uh, and this is really hard to get right and this is really rare.
这真的很难做到,很罕见
Um, but by having an extremely high bar and hiring slowly and making sure everyone believes in the mission,
但只要门槛高,雇佣速度慢,并确保每个人都视工作为使命
you can get that.
就可以做到

重点单词   查看全部解释    
scale [skeil]

想一想再看

n. 鳞,刻度,衡量,数值范围
v. 依比例决

 
extremely [iks'tri:mli]

想一想再看

adv. 极其,非常

联想记忆
desperate ['despərit]

想一想再看

adj. 绝望的,不顾一切的

联想记忆
impressed

想一想再看

adj. 外加的;印象深刻的;了不起的;受感动的

 
decision [di'siʒən]

想一想再看

n. 决定,决策

 
tension ['tenʃən]

想一想再看

n. 紧张,拉力,张力,紧张状态,[电]电压

联想记忆
remarkable [ri'mɑ:kəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 显著的,异常的,非凡的,值得注意的

联想记忆
employee [.emplɔi'i:]

想一想再看

n. 雇员

联想记忆
relaxed [ri'lækst]

想一想再看

adj. 放松的, 松懈的,随意的 relax的过去式(

 
rare [rɛə]

想一想再看

adj. 稀罕的,稀薄的,罕见的,珍贵的
ad

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。