For just as love is my weapon to open the hearts of men,
爱是我打开人们心扉的钥匙,
love is also my shield to repulse the arrows of hate and the spears of anger.
也是我抵挡仇恨之箭与愤怒之矛的盾牌。
Adversity and discouragement will beat against my new shield and become as the softest of rains.
爱使挫折变得如春雨般温和,
My shield will protect me in the market place and sustain me when I am alone.
它是我商场上的护身符:孤独时,给我支持;
It will uplift me in moments of despair
绝望时,使我振作;
yet it will calm me in time of exultation.
狂喜时,让我平静。
It will become stronger and more protective with use until one day
这种爱心会一天天加强,越发又有保护力,
I will cast it aside and walk unencumbered among all manners of men
直到有一天,我可以自然地面对芸芸众生,
and, when I do, my name will be raised high on the pyramid of life.
处之泰然。
I will greet this day with love in my heart.
我要用全身心的爱来迎接今天。
And how will I confront each whom I meet?
我该怎样面对遇到的每一个人呢?
In only one way.
只有一种办法,
In silence and to myself I will address him and say
我要在心里默默地为他祝福。
I Love You. Though spoken in silence these words will shine in my eyes,
这无言的爱会闪现在我的眼神里,
un-wrinkle my brow,
流露在我的眉宇间,
bring a smile to my lips,
让我嘴角挂上微笑,
and echo in my voice;
在我的声音里响起共鸣。
and his heart will be opened.
在这无奈的爱意里,
And who is there who will say nay to my goods when his heart feels my love?
他的心扉问我敞开入他不再拒绝我推销的货物。
I will greet this day with love in my heart.
我要用全身心的爱来迎接今天。
And most of all
最主要的,
I will love myself.
我要爱自己。
For when I do
只有这样,
I will zealously inspect all things which enter my body,
我才会认真检查进入我的身体,
my mind, my soul, and my heart.
思想,精神,头脑,灵魂,心怀的一切东西。
Never will I overindulge the requests of my flesh,
我绝不放纵肉体的需求,
rather I will cherish my body with cleanliness and moderation.
我要用清洁与节制来珍惜我的身体。
Never will I allow my mind to be attracted to evil and despair,
我绝不让头脑受到邪恶与绝望的引诱,
rather I will uplift it with the knowledge and wisdom of the ages.
我要用智慧和知识使之升华。
Never will I allow my soul to become complacent and satisfied,
我绝不让灵魂陷入自满的状态,
rather I will feed it with meditation and prayer.
我要用沉思和祈祷来滋润它。
Never will I allow my heart to become small and bitter,
我绝不让心怀狭窄,
rather I will share it and it will grow and warm the earth.
我要与人分享,使它成长,温暖整个世界。
I will greet this day with love in my heart.
我要用全身心的爱来迎接今天。
Henceforth will I love all mankind.
从今往后,我要爱所有的人。
From tills moment all hate is let from my veins
仇恨将从我的血管中流走。
for I have not time to hate, only time to love.
我没有时间去恨,只有时间去爱。
From this moment I take the first step required to become a man among men.
现在,我迈出成为一个优秀的人的第一步。
With love I will increase my sales a hundredfold
有了爱,
and become a great salesman.
我将成为伟大的推销员,
If I have no other qualities
即使才疏智短,
I can succeed with love alone.
也能以爱心获得成功;
Without it I will fail
相反地,如果没有爱,
though I possess all the knowledge and skills of the world.
即使博学多识,也终将失败。
I will greet this day with love,
我要用全身心的爱来迎接今天。
and I will succeed.
最终成功。